D&D 5E Tempted to come back

reelo

Hero
Pathfinder players tend to see that as neither (1) a problem for established players in finding rules
nor (2) a barrier to new players getting into the game system

But they also tend to not consider rules weight a problem nor to object to detailed rules.

If you go to a Pathfinder board and point out that those are issues, you'll touch a few nerves really hard....
Be that as it may, the Core of the rules (just the one fat book) is a big improvement over 3.5 in my opinion, but as I said, I want to try 5e. I wond3r how much work it would be to convert all of Paizo's RotRL for use with the 5e system.

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
Converting won't always be easy. The number of monsters in the encounters changes a lot, spells have changed, and character classes have changed.

reelo

Hero
Converting won't always be easy. The number of monsters in the encounters changes a lot, spells have changed, and character classes have changed.
Yeah, I figured as much. But I was mire thinking along the lines of using the setting and framework and adapt/swap/replace the monsters.

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
It's supposed to be worth it, though, so you should try. Every monster can hit you is probably the most dramatic change, for a big number of very weak monsters is much more of a threat. There are people who are very practiced in converting, so ask for help as you go.

Grimstaff

Explorer
Be that as it may, the Core of the rules (just the one fat book) is a big improvement over 3.5 in my opinion, but as I said, I want to try 5e. I wond3r how much work it would be to convert all of Paizo's RotRL for use with the 5e system.

Not much work at all, it's surprisingly easy. My group is almost halfway through RotRL, and I've spent barely any time converting stuff.

Henry

Autoexreginated
If you go to a Pathfinder board and point out that those are issues, you'll touch a few nerves really hard....
Actually, if you're polite about it and don't go off with generalizations about how it's a problem for everyone, the splatbooks are all terrible, etc. i've found the community over there to be pretty welcoming on the whole. There are as many jerks there as any other well managed site. And if you posted similar comments in their 4e and 5e forum, i doubt they'd lose too much sleep - they recognize that the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, and what might be right for you, may not be right for some.

Remove ads