Terraclips Terrain and Terrain LinX Terrain

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Yeah, Oz and New Zealand are notoriously expensive for shipping. :(

Wayland Games does ship there, but they are quite open that it is both expensive and slow.

Wayland Games said:
Australia and NZ:

Any orders over £200 will be begin to take advantage of subsidised courier shipping. The subsidy grows the more you spend. Oz for some reason is very expensive to ship parcels to but we will do our best to offer the best deal possible.

Airmail and Surface Mail options are available, however, be warned that 12 weeks is the quoted time for a parcel to reach you by the Surface option. Both include insurance and require a signature by default. These services have a 2Kg weight limit. Again as per Europe, we are able to split the order into multiple parcels. Therefore if Surface/Airmail is chosen please be aware that any single item over 2Kg may have been opened and spread between the packages.

For you, the TLX PDFs are a much better option. More work, but at least PDFs don't have to worry about shipping. :erm: A Craft Robo makes things a lot easier, but again. expense and shipping....

The Auld Grump

Steel_Wind

Legend
Best price on these right now HAD been MiniatureMarket.com, but they have recently raised their prices a bit after demand went up. Cool Stuff Inc. has them in stock at a good price, too, but I did not explore their shipping options and cost of that -- so you should do so first.

CCG Armory has TerraClips at an attractive price and has the best shipping price to Canada that I have found so far, too.

I can confirm that there is no stock at Wyrd or at WorldWorks Games inventory. The entire first printing of Terraclips Malifaux has sold out, it has been shipped and is now out in the wild.

Comparatively few retailers ordered significant amounts of this product as there were initial concerns about whether this product line would sell or not, given the anticipated retail mark-up. While it's not Dwarven Forge $$$ to purchase, it's not a cheap product line to get into either by the time multiple sets of each terrain are purchsed and multiple boxes of clips are purchased, too.

While that concern now seems needlessly placed -- that doesn't change the fact that there are limited amounts of this product in the distribution channel and most orders by retailers were in limited quantities. If your plan is to wait and see if it shows up at your local FLGS, you'll likely be doing a lot more waiting (and a lot less seeing) when it comes to Terraclips' availability. My advice is to get it now from an online seller or you'll likely be waiting until late 2011 for another kick at this can.

We interviewed Denny Unger of WorldWorks Games last night and that interview will run on Episode #016 of the podcast. Among other segments, we will also be covering terrain and mapping options for GMs on our Deck of Many Things segment.

I have the Sewers of Malifaux Set which I picked up at Gencon and I think it's defintiely worth the discounted online price for the product. At full retail price for multiple # of sets? I want the product, sure, but that's a fair bit of money. For six boxes of terrain and 6 boxes of clips? That's $420.00-450.00 with tax. That is a MONSTER load of terrain to be sure and you can cover a table with it a few layers deep.

Given the price advantage for purchasing 6 sets online -- the savings are well over $100-$150 and are signficant enough to me to go the online shopping route.

YMMV.

Last edited:

Remove ads