Terrible sequels

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Not terrible, but in terms of disappointing, there are a bunch of things in "The Two Towers" that annoy me... and the biggest of those is at the end (them going to Osgiliath) so that I don't even leave a rewatching of the movie on a decent note.

There are a bunch mentioned above that I guess I am blessed not to have seen! (So maybe the number of sequels I have seen and remembered disqualifies me a bit from an informed opinion here).

As they were making them I had fears that Mary Poppins Returns, Blade Runner 2049, and A Christmas Story Christmas would have made a list like this, and am eternally grateful they were solid enough not to.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
Oh, I had almost forgotten about Wonder Woman 1984.
Recently my FB memory came up with my review of this movie. I remember being disappointed in Pedro's acting, but my biggest gripe was how the arch villain, the cheetah, didn't even show up until 2 hours into the movie and 10 min later was gone.

Recently my FB memory came up with my review of this movie. I remember being disappointed in Pedro's acting, but my biggest gripe was how the arch villain, the cheetah, didn't even show up until 2 hours into the movie and 10 min later was gone.

I mostly remember Wonder Woman showing up in a revealing outfit in... I think it was Egypt. Also, a horrible plot where Chris Pine takes over some random stranger and she get intimate with him, which implies some horrible stuff the script writers obviously didn't think about. And yes, Pedro Pascal is awful in this. Also, the ending was dumb. So dumb in fact, I have forgotten most about it. I'm sure there's a review by me floating around on this forum. But do I really want to remember all the details...?

MGibster

Legend
I skipped some pages here, but if nobody else has mentioned it yet, I realized today that Rise of Skywalker is the only Star Wars movie that I have only seen once. And I am such a huge Star Wars fan that I know who Jaxxon is and love him.
Ditto. The Last Jedi was so bad I refused to see The Rise of Skywalker in theaters and simply waited for it to show up on Disney Plus. The only bright spot in the whole movie was watching Ian McMcDiarmid chew up the scenery as Palpatine. I can't even say the movie was a disappointment since I went in there with such low expectations. A coworker of mine is a big Star Wars fan and couldn't believe when I started trashing the movie. It's just so horrible.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I mostly remember Wonder Woman showing up in a revealing outfit in... I think it was Egypt. Also, a horrible plot where Chris Pine takes over some random stranger and she get intimate with him, which implies some horrible stuff the script writers obviously didn't think about. And yes, Pedro Pascal is awful in this. Also, the ending was dumb. So dumb in fact, I have forgotten most about it. I'm sure there's a review by me floating around on this forum. But do I really want to remember all the details...?
Oh god, I forgot that. Thanks for reminding me how the hero of the story celebrated a random innocent person losing their existence and did things to his body without consent...

Horwath

Legend
Terminator 3,4,5,6. 4 - Salvation is maybe salvageable
Alien 3,4, Prometheus, Covenant and whatever was Aliens vs Predator 1&2
Star wars 7,8,9
Hobbit 2&3, 1st one is pretty bad also
Matrix 3, 2 is only half bad.
Police academy 2,3,4,5,6,7

Remove ads