• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

test poll

What's my secret?

• Eric is secretly a lowland gorilla

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Eric has a bundle of angry ferrets chewing on his face

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Eric puts his hands in the air like he dont care

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Eric: he\'s not just for breakfast any more

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Eric thinks Piratecat and Morrus are just [i]dreamy[/i]

Votes: 18 47.4%

• Poll closed .

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's wierd. I know I've seen an option somewhere, but I can't find it. It had things like number of votes required before results displayed and stuff.

hong

WotC's bitch
On a related note, is it possible to do something about those backslashes \ that appear whenever people put quotes or other special characters in the poll options?

pensiv

Explorer
there is something that could be done hong, but that would require editing the php code that makes up vBulletin. I could do it, I'm sure someone else could do it, but does Morrus really want us to? It's possible that the next version of vB will have a fix.

Wolf72

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Eric, when I edited the poll I changed the "1 day to expiration" option. I hope that didn't mess up your test.

And do you really find me dreamy?

according to recent polls Eric does find you dreamy (Morrus too btw, but that's not that topic at the moment)

Damn you, P-kitty, you change the poll and STILL not include a nonsense option?! I WANT CATCRAP BROWNIES DAMNIT!

And yes, Eric does find you both dreamy, P-Kitty and Morrus

LeeCHeSSS

First Post
Morrus said:
That's wierd. I know I've seen an option somewhere, but I can't find it. It had things like number of votes required before results displayed and stuff.
That option applies to thread ratings and user ratings...

LeeCHeSSS

First Post
omokage said:
there is something that could be done hong, but that would require editing the php code that makes up vBulletin. I could do it, I'm sure someone else could do it, but does Morrus really want us to? It's possible that the next version of vB will have a fix.
Not true, this is caused by a php.ini setting called magic quotes. Turn it off and the problem is gone...

pensiv

Explorer
LeeCHeSSS said:
Not true, this is caused by a php.ini setting called magic quotes. Turn it off and the problem is gone...

You say "not true" and then you corroborate my statement . . . how weird.

LeeCHeSSS

First Post
I do no such thing: You claim that this is a result of a piece of php code from within vBulletin. I claim this is a result of a php server setting from within php.ini

vBulletin and php.ini are not the same.

As for how to turn it off:
  • Turn off the webserver (Apache or IIS).
  • Find your php.ini file (the exact location differs from server to server).
  • Open the file and add the following statement:
    Code:
    magic_quotes_gpc = off
  • Save php.ini
  • Turn on your webserver again.
    [/list=a]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads