• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Homebrew Testing the Homebrew Waters

VenerableBede

Adventurer
This post is directed toward the moderators of this thread as much as the active participants. I know that A5e is brand new and everyone is still discovering the system and figuring out everything it can do, but I can't get homebrew ideas and not at least put them to paper and do my best to make them theoretically balanced. So here's the question: is this chat thread open to the occasional archetype homebrew thread? Or am I in the wrong location for that? I poked around other areas in EN World's servers and didn't see a thread dedicated for it...

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
This post is directed toward the moderators of this thread as much as the active participants. I know that A5e is brand new and everyone is still discovering the system and figuring out everything it can do, but I can't get homebrew ideas and not at least put them to paper and do my best to make them theoretically balanced. So here's the question: is this chat thread open to the occasional archetype homebrew thread? Or am I in the wrong location for that? I poked around other areas in EN World's servers and didn't see a thread dedicated for it...
Level Up is wonderful to design for, BTW.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, a few of the other designers and I are working on a big collection of additional player-facing content (origin elements, classes, subclasses, spells, feats, etc.) and all of the new little tweaks and additions to the system really are a gold mine of design potential. I'm having a lot of fun designing things for that product.

VenerableBede

Adventurer
As I've mentioned elsewhere, a few of the other designers and I are working on a big collection of additional player-facing content (origin elements, classes, subclasses, spells, feats, etc.) and all of the new little tweaks and additions to the system really are a gold mine of design potential. I'm having a lot of fun designing things for that product.
Ah, that sounds like incredible fun. I've always hoped to create content in a more official format, but unfortunately it takes too much time and resources away from my other interests.
I’ve already made about 12 new heritage gifts and am working on a new heritage overall, plus made a magic item!
That's exciting! Any particular theme, or just writing down ideas as they come?

Just made another homebrew thing.

sorcerer manifestation: psychic

When you cast a spell that deals psychic damage, you can spend 1 sorcery point and choose one creature you can see. If that creature takes psychic damage from the spell, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and ability checks until the end of your next turn

Remove ads