Homebrew Testing the Homebrew Waters

VenerableBede

Adventurer
This post is directed toward the moderators of this thread as much as the active participants. I know that A5e is brand new and everyone is still discovering the system and figuring out everything it can do, but I can't get homebrew ideas and not at least put them to paper and do my best to make them theoretically balanced. So here's the question: is this chat thread open to the occasional archetype homebrew thread? Or am I in the wrong location for that? I poked around other areas in EN World's servers and didn't see a thread dedicated for it...

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
This post is directed toward the moderators of this thread as much as the active participants. I know that A5e is brand new and everyone is still discovering the system and figuring out everything it can do, but I can't get homebrew ideas and not at least put them to paper and do my best to make them theoretically balanced. So here's the question: is this chat thread open to the occasional archetype homebrew thread? Or am I in the wrong location for that? I poked around other areas in EN World's servers and didn't see a thread dedicated for it...
Level Up is wonderful to design for, BTW.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, a few of the other designers and I are working on a big collection of additional player-facing content (origin elements, classes, subclasses, spells, feats, etc.) and all of the new little tweaks and additions to the system really are a gold mine of design potential. I'm having a lot of fun designing things for that product.

VenerableBede

Adventurer
As I've mentioned elsewhere, a few of the other designers and I are working on a big collection of additional player-facing content (origin elements, classes, subclasses, spells, feats, etc.) and all of the new little tweaks and additions to the system really are a gold mine of design potential. I'm having a lot of fun designing things for that product.
Ah, that sounds like incredible fun. I've always hoped to create content in a more official format, but unfortunately it takes too much time and resources away from my other interests.
I’ve already made about 12 new heritage gifts and am working on a new heritage overall, plus made a magic item!
That's exciting! Any particular theme, or just writing down ideas as they come?

Just made another homebrew thing.

sorcerer manifestation: psychic

When you cast a spell that deals psychic damage, you can spend 1 sorcery point and choose one creature you can see. If that creature takes psychic damage from the spell, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and ability checks until the end of your next turn

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases