• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thanksgaming!

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
It would be really cool to use the food as minis for monsters. Mashed potatoes Gravy, and cranberry jelly could be oozes, and the Turkey could be a reanimated giant's dinner.

Rambling here, but that could be a cool scenario. An artifact animates the food at a giant's feast. He hires the PCs to put it all back to rest, while he distracts his in-laws.

:D

I'm reminded of the ads that appeared in Dragon magazine for the Wizards (I think) giant dragon 'mini.' One had a pineapple and the other had either a turkey or a chicken in place of the dragon.

Anyway, we're playing on Sunday but none of us (as far as I know) make a huge deal out of Thanksgiving, so it didn't make us reschedule or anything.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving or a good day/week, which ever you observe.

While I posted my current Thanksgiving plans I should probably share about my favorite Thanksgaming in the past.

The gaming group I was a part of were all military transients, meaning we were all in the military or had gotten out and stayed near a military facility and were no where near our families. Christmas is the preferred 'go home' and visit holiday for the military folks, so Thanksgiving is usually spent either at the chow hall or with military co-workers that have their family close.

So anyhow, we all agreed to get together for Thanksgiving, meal at around noon, and then start gaming with food available for picking the rest of the session.... We gamed all night, and decided to just sleep over at the family's house who was hosting. We woke up on Friday, made breakfast and started back-up, warmed up left-overs for lunch and supper, stayed over Friday night, got up on Saturday, lather rinse repeat, and then again on Sunday. Yes, four days straight of near non-stop gaming and I didn't even have to buy a badge and go to Indy. :)

Dandu

First Post
Is anyone planning any special gaming events for the Thanksgiving weekend? (No offense intended to anyone who doesn't mark the occasion.) I know my regular RPG group will be playing the night before, though if we are shorthanded we'll likely switch to some board games for the evening. I'm also trying to round up some players for a big tabletop miniatures game for Saturday or Sunday. Anyone else?
The Legend Game System I've been wordsmithing for launched.

Last edited:

D'karr

Adventurer
Gaming on Saturday was a success. We got together near noon and played until 8:30PM. Then stayed and just talked about all kinds of fun stuff until midnight.

Good times all around.

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
We had our game session last night and we were actually able to stay more focused than usual (thanks to a couple of us trying to keep things on track). This does not count making one of the group watch "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO (not MY decision), which derailed things for a good ten minutes. A good night regardless.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads