• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

That city... on the coast...

Memnus

First Post
I know we've discussed a city on the coast of the Kracken Gulf, at the mouth of the River Ettledein, but I can't for the life of me remember the name. It got used in my game today, so here's what came up.

Size - medium city

Demographics - all races represented, human dominant vaguely.

Taverns - Chance's Lot, the Drowned Rat

Defences - ballista mounted in towers, overlooking the river and harbor. Most of the population can fight, making an effective militia against ground invasion.

Organization - little. The harbormaster is a busy human man with a Cryndon accent and large armed guards. He (through his people) accepts fees for use of the docks, in return ensuring that the docks are in good repair and useable. Otherwise, he has little power. Most of the captains that come through regularly, he knows by name, and something about their schedule.

Reputable taverns and inns tend to be expensive (2gp per person per night).

This is in the middle lands, but not in any kingdom. I'm not sure where else to post this thread.

Emiricol

When you went through it before to go fight in the Lorlynia orc wars, the city on the coast was a city-state, independant. You didn't spend any time there, just hired immediately out to a captain for the trip to Lorlynia. There was an adequate system of settlements along the river to make travel up or down river possible, including land portage over the one spot where the river breaks up too much for ships to pass.

Remove ads