The 15 Best D&D Modules Of All Time

The definitive list. Over 120 adventures were nominated, and over 500 votes cast to determine your Top 15 Best D&D Modules Of All Time. From BECMI, AD&D 1E, AD&D 2E, D&D 3E/3.5, and D&D 4E, we present the definitive list of the best official Dungeons & Dragons adventures as chosen by YOU. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hotvELUWu8&feature=youtu.be

The definitive list. Over 120 adventures were nominated, and over 500 votes cast to determine your Top 15 Best D&D Modules Of All Time. From BECMI, AD&D 1E, AD&D 2E, D&D 3E/3.5, and D&D 4E, we present the definitive list of the best official Dungeons & Dragons adventures as chosen by YOU.

[video=youtube;0hotvELUWu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hotvELUWu8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

caudor

Adventurer
Looks like a good list to me. I wonder how these choices might influence future adventures for D&D Next. I'd like to see conversion notes for all of them.

Vaeron

Explorer
I missed the poll as well, but I don't think my answers would have varied much from the consensus so it all balances out anyway.

JeffB

Legend
This list is whacked, IMO. Ravenloft? And RHOD? Both rated 10 places at least too high.

Tamoachan? A1-4... neither on the list and The Banewarrens is? The Banewarrens???

This list makes me a sad D&D fan, but I will get over it :)

EditorBFG

Explorer
Well, let's face it, no single forum is going to be a truly representative sample of D&D fans as a whole. For example, I love Monte Cook's work, and I would expect EN World regulars to have an especially high regard for it as well, but I do not believe a poll that somehow magically had access to a true cross-section of all D&D players worldwide would rank the Banewarrens as high, partially due to sheer awareness.

It is interesting that even in top 25, 4E adventures don't pop up. I have no stake in the Edition Wars, but I did happen to take a break from fantasy games during the first few years of 4E, so I am honestly curious when I ask, are there not particular 4E adventures that a consensus of the game's fans see as being ahead of the pack?

was

Adventurer
Wow..no love for Ruins of Undermountain?..The boxed set from 2nd ed? Spawned material in 2nd, 3rd and 4th editions?...That's a shame, I enjoyed that dungeon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, 4e certainly isn't known for its adventures. Then again, how many 2e adventures made the list? Virtually all of those were 1e or Basic/Expert. And, let's be honest, most of the 4e adventures blew chunks.

jeffh

Adventurer
Any chance of getting to READ this as a text article, instead of watching it as a video? I'd usually rather do the former than the latter, especially when the video is, to be a bit blunt, this amateurish.

Last edited by a moderator:

werecorpse

Adventurer
I missed this poll.
Nostalgia is a potent influence, i notice the G and the GDQ series both made it into top 15 seperately, I wonder how they would go with a combined vote.

Wicht

Hero
There is a Paizo Adventure Path on the list. Whispering Cairn by Erik Mona is the first adventure in Age of Worms, and that's there at #11. And a couple of third party adventures got in in the 16-20 range (above). They had to be D&D, though. We'll likely to a Pathfinder specific one at some point.

Rise of the Runelords was for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. Was it one of the options available for voting?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Rise of the Runelords was for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. Was it one of the options available for voting?

Yup. It was an open vote ("Choose your favourites") rather than a "select from this closed list". Any adventure written for D&D was eligible.

Remove ads

Remove ads