• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The 2008 ENnie Judge Nomination Period has begun!

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Master of the Game said:
Traitor :p

I'm running again this year as well, so don't forget to throw some love my way :)

Don't worry I'll throw the love your way as well....

I've got lots of love to give.

(Well, to five people anyway.)

Crothian

First Post
DaveMage said:
Don't worry I'll throw the love your way as well....

I've got lots of love to give.

(Well, to five people anyway.)

Don't forget about me!! We have a bond!! A "your school kicks my school's ass in championship games" bond. :lol:

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
ENnies Watch 2008

Nominations for the coveted five seats on the judging panel for the 2008 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards are coming in already. Those received that meet all the requirements have been uploaded to http://www.ennieawards.com/judgenominees.html where I invite everyone to look them over. Of course, you're welcome to ask them additional questions, and if a thread gets started on any particular board, if someone tells me about it I'll link to it.

Don't forget, if you're planning on running, you only have until Monday, July 30th to submit your application. Please be sure to read through the instructions clearly, since any omission could result in untimely delays in the posting of your information (and could also be a sign of your inability to comprehend and follow simple rules, which does not bode well for a judge!) The sooner you get your application in, the sooner I can upload it and the sooner fandom can get to know you better.

Voting begins August 6th and runs for one week only. Results will be announced at the ENnies ceremony Friday, August 17th at Gen Con Indy.

I decided to give it a miss this year. I might see if I can get some articles published in Kobold Quarterly, the new Paizo publications or the new Dungeon and/or Dragon magazines. If any of these did get published it would make me ineligible to judge so I'll sit out for another year. Maybe next year I'll give it a go.

Best of luck to all the nominees. Hopefully the early announcement of judges will make the workload a little more even for you guys.

Olaf the Stout

P.S. diaglo, I expected you to look older! ;)

zacharythefirst

First Post
I know I'm an absolute lurker here, but I did want to say hello to everyone, and let you know I'll be giving it the ol' college try myself this year.

My bio and answers have just been submitted, but here's my quick n' dirty intro. Of course, I'd be thrilled to answer as many questions as I can from the voters!

My name is Zachary Houghton (aka Zachary The First), I've been gaming since around 1993, although the games I played early on tended to be those from the 80s. I started out with Palladium Fantasy, and soon branched out to many different titles, playing in memorable sessions of TMNT, Rules Cyclopedia D&D, Classic Traveller, Ghostbusters, Rifts, Marvel FASERIP, and more. Since then, favorites of mine have included d20 (various incarnations), Truth & Justice, Rolemaster, HARP, In Harm's Way, Roma Imperious, Iron Gauntlets, Burning Wheel, GURPS 3e, Delta Green, Artesia, and many more. To me, the true mark of success for a RPG is not how pretty it may look, or how many shelves it sits on, but rather, how many tables it is played at, and how much inspiration and enjoyment it brings to gaming tables.

If elected to a judgeship, I will be honored by the responsibility you've entrusted me with. I will make my evaluation and selection process as open, public, and visible as possible, explaining the whys and wherefore of the process as much as I can. I hold no agenda other than that of quality, and I do not care who made a product, so long as it is a great product that encourages and/or assists in a fun session or campaign of top-notch gaming. I will work as hard as I can to give every product the best look regardless of company, system, or genre.

I know to many of you I may be an unknown quantity, but I believe in doing a diligent, conscientious, and thorough job, and I hope that after chatting with me and reading my responses, you'll do me the great honor of entrusting me with this tremendous responsibility. Thank you, and game on!

Last edited:

Remove ads