• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The 2008 ENnie Judge Nomination Period has begun!

A little about me...

Liz "Queen Dopplepopolis" Bauman was introduced to d6 Star Wars by a friend as a sophomore in high school and quickly developed a passion for role playing games across the spectrum. That passion has been cultivated over the past 7 years by the various members of the EN World community and its diaspora, her time as a Wizards of the Coast retail employee, and the many gamers that have graced her gaming table. She as played (and run) RPGs including d20 Modern, Dungeons and Dragons (2nd, 3rd, and 3.5 editions), Grim Tales, Mutants and Masterminds, Shadowrun, Star Wars (d6, d20, d20 revised, and Saga Edition), and Warhammer (to name a few).

Currently, Liz games with several groups in the DC metro area, enjoying three (semi)regular campaigns: two Mutants and Masterminds and one D&D homebrew run by her husband Kennon (aka The Universe).

Having served as a judge for the ’07 ENnies, Liz has determined that there are two factors that mean the most to her when judging a product: the product’s vision and the innovation factor. If a product is creative and innovative and has a clearly fulfilled purpose, she considers it a success.

Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Excellent idea Liz. Here's mine:

Having been a gamer for 25 years, I have run numerous campaigns using a great many different systems. I have extensive experience as both a Game Master and a player, and though I have never been a part of the industry, I have been a member of the community for most of my life.

I believe that I am a good judge because I enjoy reading a variety of games, and can see through their differences without having any preconceived notions about the inherent superiority of any single system. I also have the time and desire to read through the great many books that I would have to review as a judge. Due to the flexibility of my job I will have ten to twelve hours each weekday to dedicate to fulfilling my responsibilities.

During my term as a judge for the 2007 awards I feel that I proved myself more than capable of handling my duties, as comments from fellow judges can attest, and I promise to bring the same work ethic and openness to my term this year, should I be elected again.

Finally, I’ll not only commit myself, but each of my three weekly games to making sure as many games as possible are judged through actual play-test, rather than simple study. I have a dedicated group of experienced players who are as voracious as I am about trying new games, and they have proven to be just as excited to be a part of this process.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads