The 3.5 Revised Ranger

EricNoah

Adventurer
Well I don't have any info on how skills might be changed, how the favored enemy might be changed, if there are other changes like a "favored terrain", etc. The above rumor only addresses two-weapon fighting.

hong

WotC's bitch
EricNoah said:
I've heard that the 3.5 ranger does exactly what you would expect -- at around 2nd level you choose which "virtual" feat chain you want to be dedicated to (two-weapon fighting or archery) and you get a smattering of "virtual" feats from this chain as you go up in levels.

Remember, it's only a rumor!

Heh. That's basically what I houseruled rangers to be in my game.

Now, again they see that I was right! Right all along! The fools will PAY for how they have ignor

Ahem. Whoops, carry on.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I have some "anonymous" info on the revised ranger, but I'll hold of posting it until it has been confirmed separately. The whole class does appear to have been rebuilt quite extensively, though.

Murrdox

First Post
In addition to the changes mentioned above, I think we can expect changes to the Ranger's spell list, and perhaps to her spell progression as well. I can also see "Favored Enemy" being changed, perhaps to gaining a new one every 4 levels instead of 5, and/or changing the type of bonuses that Rangers get vs. them.

It's almost certain IMHO, that the "feat progression" ideas are correct for the Ranger. Perhaps they'll allow him to use his two-weapon fighting abilities in heavy armor now? :)

Airwolf

First Post
Morrus said:
I have some "anonymous" info on the revised ranger, but I'll hold of posting it until it has been confirmed separately. The whole class does appear to have been rebuilt quite extensively, though.

Morrus, you tease!! You are worse that a woman. ;)

Styracosaurus

Explorer
Morrus said:
I have some "anonymous" info on the revised ranger, but I'll hold of posting it until it has been confirmed separately.

That is just outright mean!

I'd like to see the whole "virtual" feat idea scrapped. I'd rather allow rangers to have bonus feats every once in a while, selecting from a list with only a few combat oriented feats. You could have ranger specific feats, that are a little better than a regular feat. (example, Ranger's Endurance could grant a +6 bonus or somesuch.)

I like the Favored Enemies concept, but it should count the entire bonus against each of the favored enemies.

S.

theoremtank

First Post
They really need to get rid of the idea of virtual feats. It really makes a player feel like they are getting the short end of the stick with the feat concept. Besides, if the player really wanted the complete feat ability then after he buys those feats he feels like he is wasting class features. A character should either get a feat or it shouldn't. Don't create special cases that only cloud up the rules further.

Remove ads