The 3 Trailers of Awesome

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Maybe you are right. Though Id take Martin any day over Tolkien. I know he was hugely influential in the genre, but his writing is not great. However, probably moot because its not Tolkien writing this, its folks writing it based on his work. Who knows where its going?
See, I read fantasy to chase that Tolkien high, and find it very rarely. Martin is...technically proficient, when he works at it.

I just looked at the views and likes each of the trailers got.

House of the Dragon & D&D HAT ech roughly 16 million views, RoP only had 13 million views.

Likes House of Dragon leads 170,000 likes, followed by D&D at 110,000,and finally RoP at 15k views, a huge drop in numbers.

GreyLord

Legend
Uhmmm...none of them?

On the otherhand...

THIS...this...this was the awesome trailer of the time when it came out...

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Beardless female dwarves, and Chris Pine as a bard? smh on those alone, I have to go with House of Dragons.
Is she suppose to be a dwarf? I just thought Barbarian

Rings of Power looks epic, Sandman too
I’m also intrigued by the End is Nye

delericho

Legend
Tolkien wasn't consistent on whether dwarven women had beards or not, or even if there were any dwarven women, so...?
Yeah, the beardless dwarven women thing is weird. I guess it's one of those factoids that everyone "knows" about Tolkien's work that just happens not to be true.

(And, frankly, even if it was true, so what? PCs are supposed to be exceptional...)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Is she suppose to be a dwarf? I just thought Barbarian

Rings of Power looks epic, Sandman too
I’m also intrigued by the End is Nye
I was talking about the one in Rings of Power.
lord_of_the_rings_004.jpeg

But I believe as pointed out, Michelle Rodriguez does appear to be on the short stout side. Chris Pine isn't all that tall. A dwarven barbarian?

Remove ads