• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Aragorn Ranger Variant (You'll like! Promise!)

Felon

First Post
Hey, you made a promise that I would LOVE this class. Now, I come to this post and I find nothing to love. It was just a bald-faced lie. You did not fulfill your promise. Do you realize how that makes me feel? Angry...cheated....heart-broken...and yes, dammit, bitter! Ever so better!

And now you say I'm being vitriolic? Well, I'm sorry mister, but where I come from there's a price to be paid for toying with someone's affections.

Last edited:

Enkhidu

Explorer
This is very similar to the ranger replacement we use called the Woodsman (really its a cobbled together class with bits and pieces from lots of different sources). Our version is about a half step back in power (and in practice we've seen it pretty firmly in the middle of the power curve). Its got:

*d10 HD
*Full BAB Progression
*Good Fort Save
*Martial Weapon profs/Light Armor/Shields
*6 SP per level (skill list is identical to 3.5 ranger's)
*Free Tracking Feat at 1st
*Virtual Improved Initiative at 2nd
*Bonus feats from fighter list at levels 4, 9, 14, and 19
*Favored terrain at 1st, 6th, 12th, and 18th (Favored terrain gives +5' to speed, AC, and some skills when within it: the favored terrains are things like "Cold Forest" or "Temperate Plains" and work as long as the PC is in that terrain - never works inside or in urban areas).
*The ability to take Weapon Specialization at 6th level and beyond.

Devin Cole

First Post
I see this all the time and it kinda bothers me. This class is "wank" i fixed it to be more in line with this character from that movie and this book. Characters from fictional movies and books like aragorn are leveled characters up against hoards of low level warriors. Of course they hack through them. Even the 8th level ranger from 3.0 could hack through a hoard of level 1 orc warriors.

Now about the class itself. I love it when people create and i like the ideas and the way you worked them together. I think the class is a bit more powerful and much of what you seek could be attained through the clever use of multiclassing and prestige classes. Thank you so much for posting and i do look forward to seeing more.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads