• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Arena (OOC)

Corlon

First Post
can I use flamebolt from Relics and Rituals?

It is magic missle, except all of them require ranged touch attacks, you get one extra missle, there are no maxes on the # of missles, and they deal fire damage.

And are you using the errata on Polymorph Self, Bladed Gauntlets, and Boots of Striding/Springing?

GWolf

First Post
Shun Black
Human Martial Artist (Monk/Fighter)
A Cool, Calm, and Calculating Master of the Unarmed Arts.

How much point buy?

Last edited:

Hm, point buy allotment?

Originally posted by Corlon:
It is magic missle, except all of them require ranged touch attacks, you get one extra missle, there are no maxes on the # of missles, and they deal fire damage.

I think that's been errata'd to have a cap (6?), but I'm not sure whether it was officially or not.

Edit-Drat, the creator race is +11 ECL, oh well, i'll have to think of something else...

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Jemal - if you'd like some feedback about spells and classes and such that can tend to adversely impact this form of game (I've been in and seen a few Gladiator-style games run), I'd be happy to try to help.

Jemal

Adventurer
Whoops, you're right I didn't finish the sentence. After I post this I'll go edit it so it's right. It was supposed to be "Everybody has a room of their own to sleep and keep stuff in."

I've seen the new Gladiator issue of Dragon, but haven't read it yet. I may be using that stuff in the future, but not right now.

NOTE: I've upped the starting lvl to 12. most people voted 10, but a lot voted higher, too, so I decided to compromise at 12 for now. I'm hoping that this'll run long enough to get you guys Epic.. I'ld love to actually TAKE a PbP group up to there. (I've only done it once in RL... an evil campain where the Pcs started at lvl 10 under 1st/2nd edition highly modified rules, and are now somewhere around lvl 25-30 in 3rd edition)

Also I'ld like to know if you guys would like to eventually get out of the Arena and either
A) back to the PRime Material Plane or
B) become a party adventuring the planes.
IF this option appeals to you, please say so.
If you do get out of the arena, though, you will be in my Beta Multiverse (I've decided to use it for all my games from now on.), meaning you might end up meeting/interacting with PCs from other PbP games, or even my RL game (That could be VERY interesting...)

Allright, on to new business:
Updated (And FINAL.. NO excpetions.. I mean it this time... OK, maybe after the game starts I'll recruit more depending on how it goes.) list of Players.
Starman - 38
GWolf - 35
Corlon - 34
Electric-Ant - 37
Sollir - 36
Rino - 35
Dalamar - 35
Wippit Guud - 34
Keia - 36
Kitanavorr - 34
Reapersaurus - 35
*Numbers are your stat points... see below*

OK, Character creation for everyone.

XP : 70,000 (IN case anyone wants to have their own created Items.
Lvl/ECL is based off however much XP you dont spend, so for anyoen who doesn't spend any you're ECL 12 characters.
Stats : Standard point buy w/ 30+2d4 points. I've rolled up the Dice for each of you and posted the total # of points you get next to your name above. That's what those numbers are. (Yes, you are different.. shocking isn't it?)
HP Max first lvl, 3/4(Round down) every other lvl.
Money : 90,000 GP. No limit on what you can spend... if you wanna blow your wad all on one thing, go ahead.
Resources:
Anything from outside the corebooks or dragon mag has to be ok'd.
I've allready OK'd the books of Eldritch Might for Electric Ant, others can use them too if you want.
Flamebolt is an OK spell, Corlon.
I don't like the Lvling up items idea, so No to that, sorry all.
Remember anything I haven't allready approved you'll have to ask for.

When you're done the character e-mail it to me at:
Jemal@shaw.ca

Any other questions? Comments?

EDIT: Thank you for pointing out that I forgot to post the stat points beside the names. IT has been rectified.

Last edited:

Wippit Guud

First Post
Aw Dammit!
I finished my character 2 minutes ago, and now I gotta add to him!

I was liking my chances at 10th... 12th is a different stoory if spellcasters are involved... aw well.... :)

Wippit Guud

First Post
Woo, three in a row for me...

Your first post already OK'ed the Quintessential books, your second one didn't... they still ok? (my concept uses a full prestige class from one...)

Remove ads