The Bamfsies Announce the Best Superhero RPGs!

The Bamfsies (which I mentioned a while back) have just announced the winners of their superhero RPG-themed awards. Nine superhero games have won, chosen by judges Cam Banks, Dan Davenport, Christopher Helton, and Tommy Brownell. The Bamfsies describe themselves as "a cheeky and fun RPG awards focused solely on superhero RPGs. We’re not nearly as serious as the Ennies. We’re probably more serious than the Grammys."

The Bamfsies (which I mentioned a while back) have just announced the winners of their superhero RPG-themed awards. Nine superhero games have won, chosen by judges Cam Banks, Dan Davenport, Christopher Helton, and Tommy Brownell. The Bamfsies describe themselves as "a cheeky and fun RPG awards focused solely on superhero RPGs. We’re not nearly as serious as the Ennies. We’re probably more serious than the Grammys."

BAs-About_zpsa3ecca6d.png

The winners are:
Gamers Choice: GCore Prime (runner up Mutants & Mastermind 3E)

Best Presentation: Atomic Robo

Best Genre Emulation (Iron Age): Cold Steel Wardens

Best Genre Emulation (Pulp): Atomic Robo

Best Genre Emulation (Street Level): Venture City Stories

Best New Edition: ICONS Assembled (runner up Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion 2nd Edition)

Best Supplement: Awesome Powers for BASH Ultimate Edition

For more info, click here!

Tommy Brownell

First Post
The intent was meant to be geared towards more recent games. In print and all that. For older stuff, we had the Hall of Fame (and Marvel SAGA is the greatest superhero RPG I have ever ran).

And I was about to complain about my name being misspelled when I saw poor Chris Helton left out altogether.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
What? No AMP Year One? This list is preposterous... needs a recount... or a revote... or somebody has to go back in time with mind control powers and have everyone redo this list... this is a conspiracy against the best new supers game of the last year.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
My group uses Venture City to run our Young Justice-ish campaign set in the Sentinels of the Multiverse universe using Fate Accelerated. We're already fans of Fate, so it was an easy fit for us and in play you really feel like a superhero.

Last edited by a moderator:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I've heard some very good things about the Atomic Robo treatment, and it was good to hear about Gcore-Prime; I'll have to check that out tonight.
Yay on ICONS, which I have and want to test out at some point. The new compilation looks like it runs a little better than the previous version and irons out some of the quirky bits.
To me, the big new thing was the Supers companion for Savage Worlds. The previous edition was terrible, but this completely revised version is very usable.
I tried Venture City and was not impressed at all. In fact, I've yet to see a FATE implementation of superheroes that I'd play. That disappoints me somewhat.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I tried Venture City and was not impressed at all. In fact, I've yet to see a FATE implementation of superheroes that I'd play. That disappoints me somewhat.

Out of curiosity, what did you dislike about it? We played it pretty rules-light but our character definitely played like heroes.

CubeB

Explorer
I'm curious as to how G-Core Prime won. I checked it out, and the presentation was so bad I was too busy trying to gouge out my eyes to process the actual text. Is it really as good as claimed?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads