The Beast Within [Dark*Matter D20]

WhatKu

First Post
Pulling off his sweatshirt, Eric throws it over the back of his chair, revealing a Catch 22 shirt. "So, uh... Any clue what we are doing here? Its kinda boring, just sitting here."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"I'm more agitated than bored. I was sent hee to be your team medic. Seems you may be going toward some trouble and I'm here to pull you back together when the bad guys rip you to shreads."

loxmyth

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
ooc: Are those... wacky hijinks I smell? :p

ooc: But of course! ;)

ic: Daunte continued smiling at the others as they chatted. "Looks like you have your answer right there, Eric. Apparently, they're assigning us all to work together as a team." He turned to Anna, "And I have to say that we're glad to have a medic on board. I don't even know if we'd be here at the Hoffman institute if it wasn't for old BJ. I mean, I used to think poorly of medical professionals, but John here really turned around my thinking on that one."

Then he slipped his foot over to kick John's in case the intellectual decided to correct that little piece of trivia. Work with me, John.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Anna smirks at the 2 geeks trying to get into her pants. Boys! They're all the same she thinks to herself. She streaches just enough to give them a good look at her chest just to tease them and then says. "I wish my Boyfriend hadn't kept me up at the show last night. I'm pooped."
There. now they think i'm seeing someone. maybe I'll get a bit of respect.

WhatKu

First Post
"Holler if you need me. I got to eat at Nobu last night, before I was called down here. Best meal of the last two years." After his freindly decleration, Eric puts the headphones of his Ipod on, and drifts off into music land.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Hopefully no-one's going to rip us to shreds." John's faint smile belies the memory of the first victims of the snow-demon. "Ow. Careful, Dante." He politely sends his eyes ceilingward at Anna's presentation, and then gets up to glance out the door and down the hallway, to see if anyone's coming. "Which show was it? I'm afraid I don't know what's playing locally."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"They're a Celtic Rock band My boyfriend is in called Hern and the Wild Hunt. They're great but I'm near deaf after each show." Anna says "So tell me something about yourselves? What got you into the Institute? I had a brush with something in a fire I was fighting. I still have no idea what it was but the Institute guys here are looking into it."

Vardeman

First Post
Danny sits over to the side, kicked back in a chair with his boots resting on a small table, watching and listening to the byplay of the others in this little waiting room. Still dressed much as he was back a the rest stop, his jeans, tshirt, and boots are now supplemented by a new-looking black leather duster, a toothpick moving restlessly between his teeth.

As Eric identifies himself, Danny's gaze narrows, his distrust of cops putting his hackles up, but as he continues, his obvious sense of humor helps to balance that. When Anna stretches, Danny watches with interest, smirking at John's reaction. At the mention of her boyfriend, he grins inwardly, knowing it can't be too serious.

With a sigh of boredom he slips a half-empty pack of Marlboro reds out of his duster's inner pocket along with a black Zippo lighter. The lighter looks relatively new and boasts, on its side, a small enameled death's head wearing a WWII-style german army helmet. With practiced ease he swaps his toothpick for a cigarette and flips open the lighter, igniting the tobacco and drawing a volume of smoke into his lungs. As he exhales, he sends a series of sequentially smaller smoke rings floating towards the door.

V

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Anna sees the man smoking and points to the no smoking sign. "Hey Matrix boy. Do you read? If I'm supposed to be your mother hen then we'll start with the basics. Smoke kills. Now put out the cigarette and I won't come over there and take it from you."
The look on Anna's face is more one of frustration than anything else.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
John enters the room again, frowning faintly in disapproval as he sidesteps the smoke rings. "No use, Anna. He's shameless." He's tried enough in the past months to at least wait until other's weren't around to smoke, and has developed enough of a tolerance that he doesn't break down coughing at the first puff of secondhand smoke.

Remove ads