The Beast Within [Dark*Matter D20]

Jarval

Explorer
"I'm afraid Ms. Spellmann is correct. It's a no smoking building, as annoying as some of us find that." A harassed-looking man in a suit says as he walks into the waiting room, giving a quite smile to Danny. "But I shouldn't keep you for too long, so I hope it isn't too much of a trial for you."

Pushing open an office door, he ushers you into a small room. He takes a seat behind a flimsy-looking desk, placing a stack of folders on it.

"Please, take a seat. It's going to be a bit cramped, but like I said, I shouldn't keep you long. So..." He glances down at one of the folders. "Some of you have been working for the Institute longer than others. How are you all finding it so far?" He shuffles through some papers as he speaks.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Good," says John after a moment's thought. "I've learned a lot." He looks over his glasses. "Not as much as I'd like." Remaining standing, he continues "You have the advantage of us, sir," using the slightly antiquated phrasing with just a hint of irony.

WhatKu

First Post
Popping out his headphones, he leaves them playing around his shoulders.
"My near death experiance rate has increased dramaticly. I did get a nice paycheck bonus though. Alls well"
Eric pulls out a small pencil and notebook.

Vardeman

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Anna sees the man smoking and points to the no smoking sign. "Hey Matrix boy. Do you read? If I'm supposed to be your mother hen then we'll start with the basics. Smoke kills. Now put out the cigarette and I won't come over there and take it from you."
The look on Anna's face is more one of frustration than anything else.
Danny laughs aloud, "Babe, if you seen what I seen at that rest stop, you wouldn't worry 'bout a little bit of smoke. There's things out there'll kill ya a helluva lot faster."
Jarval said:
"I'm afraid Ms. Spellmann is correct. It's a no smoking building, as annoying as some of us find that." A harassed-looking man in a suit says as he walks into the waiting room, giving a quite smile to Danny. "But I shouldn't keep you for too long, so I hope it isn't too much of a trial for you."
AT that, Danny rolls his eyes and stubs out his cigarette on the sole of his boot, "I guess if we're ready to do somethin', let's get on with it," he replies with a touch of impatience.

V

loxmyth

First Post
Daunte made sure he got an eyeful of Anna when she stretched; she was obviously showing herself off, and who was he to deny her? Of course she had to immediately mention a "boyfriend". Others might interpret that as conflicting messages, but Daunte knew she did it to save face and not appear too loose. That's fine, he could deal with that. He didn't want to come off as too pushy, so he'd play it cool, do the observing thing.

When the man ushers them into his room, he takes a seat up front, adopting a confident and agreeable air about him. "It's been a blast," he replies to the question. "Like John's said, I've learned a lot, the pay's reasonable and everything's marvy." He leans forward with a conspiratorial grin. "But you probably called us in for more than a status report. Anna says she's going to be our team medic, so I guess you're sending us out into the field. For real, this time." Daunte's grin is marred slightly as he remembers a particularly cruel prank some of the older hands in the institute had played on him a while back.

Jarval

Explorer
"Glad to hear you're all settling in to the job. And I do apologise, I should have introduced myself earlier. I'm Richard Davies, head of the Hoffmann Institute in Atlanta, a position I'll happily admit isn't one of the Institute's more demanding posts." He glances down at his notes before continuing.

"As Ms. Spellmann seems to already know, and Mr Spinks has deduced, we're sending you into the field. For real." He smiles at Daunte's slight twitch in expression.

"Right, we'll be sending you to Florida. A small town called Bavinton Keys, to be exact. Where, oddly for Florida, two people have been killed by what their wounds seem to indicate to be a grizzly bear. Strange enough in itself, but coupled with the fact we've got two registered lycanthropes within fifty miles of the crime scenes is enough to have some of us asking questions." He pauses, checking that you're all keeping up.

WhatKu

First Post
"Sorry to say that I left my silver bullets at home. Werebears. God dam. Better then a vampire or something, but still, that sucks."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Great... When did my life turn into Ghostbusters? Anna thought as she sat through the mission briefing. "I assume were going to be granted weapons and equipment that will actualy be able to stop a werewhatever?"

Last edited:

Remove ads