• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Beast Within [Dark*Matter D20]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"No more than any other blood-borne disease, as I understand," says John, trying to offer some comfort. "We're just trying to exhaust all the leads we have."

Verbatim

Explorer
Caleb listened quietly as the others began questioning Rachel. While he had questions he would ask should they overlook something in his mind, for the most part, polite questioning was not his forte.

~Bad cop is the role I think they defined it as, something I doubt they will need with her...~

Taking out his notebook, Caleb waits to write down the numbers to the dentist and doctor for a little discreet investigating on their recent activities.

~Just to be safe...~

Jarval

Explorer
"Yeah, I guess." Rachel smiles at John, but doesn't seem much mollified by his words. "And I understand that you've got to ask these questions. I was doing the same thing not so long ago. How are things at the Institute these days?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
John shrugs. "We haven't been with the institute long, but I expect much as always. They have a most fascinating library." He smiles in recollection. "Quite the collection."

loxmyth

First Post
"Yes, the institute keeps us busy," Daunte added, throwing a sideways look at John. It was hard for Daunte to understand, but his friend really seemed to love books. And while Daunte didn't mind reading - he was training to be a lawyer after all - he didn't understand how someone would actually spend their time doing it if they didn't have to. "Anyway, we know this has got to be tough, so we'll try to get through our questions as quickly as we can. We were hoping you could give us any insight into the murders, something we've overlooked. Are you aware of any other... ursine lycanthropes acting in the area?"

Jarval

Explorer
"Good, I'm glad to hear that things haven't changed much. I never really spent all that much time in the library, but it's pretty extensive."

loxmyth said:
"... We were hoping you could give us any insight into the murders, something we've overlooked. Are you aware of any other... ursine lycanthropes acting in the area?"
Rachel shakes her head.

"No, not heard a thing. I'm out of the loop on all things supernatural now, so all I know is what I've read in the papers. Given that they're saying 'escaped bear' rather than werebear, I think it's safe to say they don't know the full story..." She smiles again, seeming to relax a little more.

"Sorry, I've been a bit abrupt with you so far. Can I get any of you a drink? I guess anything alcoholic's off the list, given you're on duty, but I've got tea or coffee. Or I've probably got cola, if you want a soft drink."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Jarval said:
"Can I get any of you a drink? I guess anything alcoholic's off the list, given you're on duty, but I've got tea or coffee. Or I've probably got cola, if you want a soft drink."

"Tea would be wonderful, thank you. Have you heard about anyone moving into the area recently, or is there much of a migrant population?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Tea would be excellent," says John, smiling at the offer of his favorite bit of anglophilia. He listens to the questions being asked, waiting to say his own piece if he feels something's been missed.

Jarval

Explorer
"Oh, there's been a lot of people moving in over the last few months. I think some company has opened a new factory or something nearby. They're still building houses to keep up." Rachel answers Lisa.

"Coffee's not a problem." She assures Caleb. Rachel makes her way out of the lounge, and you hear the sound of someone filling a kettle coming from the kitchen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads