D&D 5E The Bible Is A New 5E Setting

The Adventurer’s Guide to the Bible is a 5E setting and adventure set in the first century AD. The 350-page book, created by Bible enthusiasts, included four new lineages, a range of subclasses, and an adventure for character levels 1-10, along with a full first-century AD setting with locations like the Library of Alexandria and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, NPCs, and monsters such as...

The Adventurer’s Guide to the Bible is a 5E setting and adventure set in the first century AD.

63073A03-E1E0-492E-81EA-F79E05F6D4B6.jpeg

The 350-page book, created by Bible enthusiasts, included four new lineages, a range of subclasses, and an adventure for character levels 1-10, along with a full first-century AD setting with locations like the Library of Alexandria and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, NPCs, and monsters such as giants, seraph serpents, angels, and demons. The adventure itself involves a search for three missing Magi.

It's $25 for a PDF, or $39 for a hardcover.

Cleopatra is dead. Rome and Parthia struggle for control of the Fertile Crescent in a bid for world domination, while local politics in the Middle Kingdoms become increasingly divisive. The prophecies of the so-called “Messiah” have long been forgotten, and an ancient Evil lurks in the shadows, corrupting the hearts of humankind. Three of the wisest mystics known as the “Magi” travelled to Bethlehem following a star they believed to be a sign. They never returned. Hope grows dim as the world descends into darkness. What we need are answers... and those brave enough to seek them.

This isn’t the first biblical era setting for D&D, although it might be for 5E. Green Ronin released Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era for 3E over a decade ago.

CF365A40-FD89-4F74-845B-CF2CF891ECE6.jpeg

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Flag me or report me for discussing religion

Mod Note:
And, someone did.

If you know that it is going to be a problem, but proceed anyway with an announcement of the fact, that demonstrates an astounding lack of respect for the people and place you are speaking.

Furthermore, the designers are mealy-mouthed about even their Faith.

And, then you get into insulting people.

So, yeah, you're done in this discussion.

I'd say they did... after the fall of the Western half of the Empire Greek became the official language of the Roman Empire - replacing Latin. So yeah, Greek was the lingua franca of the (later) Roman world.
Just a note that Greek was always the Lingua Franca of the east, even in the early empire. Latin never took off much in those areas even after centuries of Rome. There’s a reason there’s no Romance language east of Romania.

Weiley31

Legend
I'm not gonna lie: the Ward of the Raven feat has no right being as awesome as it is flavor wise and the distraction feature.

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site

Libertad

Hero
I'll do you one better and post it on EN World as its own thread. I asked one of the moderators if they'd be cool with this, and got permission.

Remove ads

Remove ads