The big announcement: 4dventure

Hjorimir

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
My goal is to stick with 3e and yet avoid becoming a bitter grognard. Possible? We'll find out...
Give yourself to the D4rk Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister 3E. So, you have a twin sister a love for 3E. Your feelings have now betrayed her it, too. Obi-Wan Scott Rouse was wise to hide her it from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the D4rk Side... then perhaps she it will...

attachment.php

Attachments

• darth.jpg
    darth.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 415

Korgoth

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
I wonder who slipped up and opened access to the forum early?

Pretty hilarious, really. I hope nobody gets in trouble over it.

"Sir, the cat's out of the bag."
"How far out?"
"300,000 kilometers per second. The bag opened about a half hour ago."

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
Xyxox said:
It'll all be Web 2.0 based in Java is my guess, so even Linux users should be able to use it.

You would think so, eh?

When I took the Herald Test for the RPGA last fall, I had to use a friend's PC because the form would ONLY accept IE 6 ... which was never made for the Mac!

I've got Boot Camp now, but it's really a tool of last resort and Half-Life 2 :p

Friadoc

Explorer
Vocenoctum said:
Green Ronin created True20 to avoid 4e, and Malhavoc is gone, so you might want to trim your hopes down a bit. :)

Malhavoc isn't gone, Monte's just switched his focus, for now, and I'm all for it. I can easily see him jump back into the trenches whenever something grabs his interest.

But, True20 is a definate development branch in the d20/OGL trunk and I could see more occur, or people jump on that one to move onto their own path.

Plus, like Eric said, there is tons of stuff out now that you could use for a longtime to come.

ashockney

First Post
I am totally thrilled.

I was on the fence about making the drive from Columbus to Indianapolis. In light of this, I will probably call off work on Friday to make the drive.

I can't wait!

Fire up the 4E forums on ENWorld, cause it is on like Donkey Kong!

Grymar

Explorer
It's worth mentioning that one of the topics in the forum is OGL/D20, so I would guess that some form of the license is going to carry over into 4e.

That's good news, at least.

Keldryn

Adventurer
Mouseferatu said:
I disagree. I think even a workable system can benefit from an occasional revamp and clean-up. There's a lot of baggage to 3E now, and while the core D20 system is rock-solid, I think there are a lot of rules that can stand to be streamlined or redesigned.

I completely agree with you. 1st Edition was still a workable system when 2nd Edition came out, and there was way less material to rework and clean-up back then.

3.5 is still very playable, but there is a lot of stuff that I'd like to see streamlined, consolidated, and cleaned-up.

Xyxox

Hero
Grymar said:
It's worth mentioning that one of the topics in the forum is OGL/D20, so I would guess that some form of the license is going to carry over into 4e.

That's good news, at least.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

Remove ads