• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Zardnaar

Legend
Fun episode.

They added these things to the new Canon. CR12 each in the old SWSE. Even caught the name.

Obi-Wan Kenobi now has a start date of May 25:
273637177_5101857856532744_1004252724036874671_n.jpg

And yes, it is also set on Tatooine.
And doesn't that sand look like water...

I think the most important thing that happened in Boba Fett was establish Tatooine's water-world past in the new canon.

A couple of other thoughts:

RE the occasionally sluggish action sequences: In yea olden days they could simply of speeded up the frame rate. I wonder if there is something about the digital FX that prevents this?

Major characters in this TV show clearly have lots of hit points. Also see: Reacher.

Ryujin

Legend
A couple of other thoughts:

RE the occasionally sluggish action sequences: In yea olden days they could simply of speeded up the frame rate. I wonder if there is something about the digital FX that prevents this?

Major characters in this TV show clearly have lots of hit points. Also see: Reacher.
Old WEG Star Wars. Roll Strength to resist damage. Use a Force Point.

Mezuka

Hero
It was all fine. Not excellent but fine. I think the Mods will take over for Fett.

Personally, I feel like the series didn't need the two mando episodes. Mando could have shown up out of blue, with Grogu in a satchel, at the bar saying "maybe I can help with that." That would have been awesome!

The two mando episodes destroyed the tempo and climatic build-up towards the final episode. His new ship and Grogu refusing to train with Luke could have been explained with flashbacks in the next Mando series.

I do wonder how much input a director has on a set of Disney+. I know for many TV shows the director is nothing more than an orchestrator - not an 'author' like Villeneuve. The storyboard and everything else is already decided.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
I do wonder how much input a director has on a set of Disney+. I know for many TV shows the director is nothing more than an orchestrator - not an 'author' like Villeneuve. The storyboard and everything else is already decided.
This episode, along with 3 of the others, was directed by Robert Rodriguez. Arguably, he is an auteur director.

That said, he likely has to work within Filoni's and Favreau's vision and certainly within Disney's parameters. But he likely had a bit of latitude.

The problem with Rodriguez is that, while he's well known for modern grindhouse with the Mariachi and Machete, movies and From Dusk Till Dawn, he is equally known for Spy Kids and Sharkboy & Lava Girl.

I think therein lies the dilemma. The first episode drew from Mariachi but everything with the Mods had a Spy Kids feel to it.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I pretty much agree with everyone's criticisms - it's been a very odd and uneven series. It feels like something happened during production that forced them to scramble and squeeze stuff in or add content. Maybe it will make some sense in the context of upcoming announcements of new shows/movies?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads