The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Zardnaar

Legend
Well, you weren’t wrong … in a manner of speaking.

That was a fun episode! Great to see the Tuskens getting so much love. Cool that Tatooine once had oceans. I guess the Tuskens are the natives?

It’s fun to see Tem getting to give Boba some Māori warrior vibes.

The whole thing with the Pykes’ train was very reminiscent of the American Wild West.

And a vision quest.

Mando touched on a western vibe. This was very direct with babtha herds as well.

pukunui

Legend
It was cool to see him getting to make his own gaffi stick.

I feel like this extended flashback is doing more than just filling in the gaps. It’s setting something up. Fett is seeing how the natives are treated and is helping at least that one tribe improve their lives. I wonder if he is going to call on them to help him later on. It’s certainly been quite the spiritual awakening Fett has had - to the point he can confidently and truthfully tell the mayor of Mos Espa that he is no longer a bounty hunter.

Also, I hope we get to see someone (either Fett or Fennec) fight that scary-looking wookiee. He was bad ass.

The twins were pretty interesting too. As Fett suspects, I doubt that’s the last we’ve seen of them.

Is that the first time we’ve gotten to see Pykes without their helmets on? I wonder if we’ll get to see unmasked Tuskens as well. (One can hope!)

Last edited:

Also, I hope we get to see someone (either Fett or Fennec) fight that scary-looking wookiee. He was bad ass.

The twins were pretty interesting too. As Fett suspects, I doubt that’s the last we’ve seen of them.
There was a comment that Fett made during the encounter where instead of just rolling her eyes, she rolls her whole head. lol

Ryujin

Legend
Well, you weren’t wrong … in a manner of speaking.

That was a fun episode! Great to see the Tuskens getting so much love. Cool that Tatooine once had oceans. I guess the Tuskens are the natives?

It’s fun to see Tem getting to give Boba some Māori warrior vibes.

The whole thing with the Pykes’ train was very reminiscent of the American Wild West.
That last scene left me with a definite Haka vibe though, rather than American West.

Yep, that was quite the trippy episode and more than good enough for me to ignore the tropes used that would have ruined a lesser show.

And yeah, especially with the end scene around the fire, it was a much more Maori vibe than American West vibe to me. Though the whole show feels a mix of the two, and it is has to be because of direct input from Temuera. Maybe @Zardnaar has add to that. I also paid attention through all the credits to see filming location and I did not know they used Australia for the show.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yep, that was quite the trippy episode and more than good enough for me to ignore the tropes used that would have ruined a lesser show.

And yeah, especially with the end scene around the fire, it was a much more Maori vibe than American West vibe to me. Though the whole show feels a mix of the two, and it is has to be because of direct input from Temuera. Maybe @Zardnaar has add to that. I also paid attention through all the credits to see filming location and I did not know they used Australia for the show.

Tems facial expressions he is drawing on his heritage as they use them in dance and martial arts. It was also noticable in Mandalorian when they kicked the crap out of the Stormtroopers.

He used to live in Rotorua not sure if he has done taiha training or kapa haka. The dance wasn't any I'm familiar with the weapon he crafted isn't a Maori weapon it's similar to a Fijian club.

The Tuskan dance gave me Australian Aboriginal vibes more than Maori but idk could be based on nothing, modern dance or a fusion of influences.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases