• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Book of Experimental Might: Now in Print!

wedgeski

Adventurer
The fanboy half of my head says, "Yes", because it would keep Monte in the industry.

The reasonable half of my head says, "Nah".

Nebulous

Legend
Kae'Yoss said:
They even change the look of monsters to sell their miniatures all over again.

Oh yeah. They've been using that tactic for a while now. Still, some of the changes are cool...like that Feral Troll.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Interesting.

In 4thed, we have been told:

charecter level=power level

And that this will apply to spells, so there will be spells up to level 30.

There has been at least one thread on the 4thed forum on how Monte had been thinking about/doing something similar.

NOW, he migth publish his own version of this, even with 4th ed coming out. And he is running a home campaing with a bunch of other mechanics which have a 4thish feel. And he could also do something based on those...

"Monte Cook Presents: 3.75"

?

buzz

Adventurer
Jaws said:
Would you be interested in such a product for 3.x?
It sounds cool... which is probably why 4e will be doing largely the same thing. Unfortunately, my days of buying any 3.x crunch add-ons are long over.*

Now, I love Monte (just bought MCWoD), but should he publish more RPG material, I'd much rather he wait for 4e and support that. E.g., I'd much rather see a 4e update of all the AE material than any more 3.x supplements.

* Honestly, looking back, the 3rd-party d20 product that was the least useful to me were the crunchy rulebooks with new sub-systems.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Thing is... I don't see any statements by Monte that he's intending on making this into a published product; just cajoling from posters on his board to do so.

And no, I would not buy *any* more 3.5 crunch material at this point, regardless of how much I like the author.

edit: Looking further into that thread, I do see that he's states on 11/6 that he's gauging interest in such a product, because it would be a lot of work to put it together. Don't do it Monte!

Last edited:

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I would definitely be interested in this product. I'm not really looking forward to switching to 4E, and anything that will get me more mileage out of 3.5, and help to re-balance spellcasters would be welcome.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
TerraDave said:
NOW, he migth publish his own version of this, even with 4th ed coming out. And he is running a home campaing with a bunch of other mechanics which have a 4thish feel. And he could also do something based on those...

"Monte Cook Presents: 3.75"

I'd buy it. Make it a joint venture with Paizo and let it be the official ruleset for Pathfinder and the next version of Midnight.

buzz

Adventurer
Kae'Yoss said:
I'd buy it. Make it a joint venture with Paizo and let it be the official ruleset for Pathfinder and the next version of Midnight.
And then they could both go out of business. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads