The Boys season two (spoilers)

For a long while, Fresca was the only artificially sweetened drink I could stomach. The grapefuit flavor worked with the aftertaste of the sweetener, and since I like grapefruit, it was okay for me.

Then, in an effort to eliminate sugared beverages from my diet, I used it as a gateway, and got myself accustomed to Diet Coke and Coke Zero, and a couple of others - just to find out that at moderate doses, artificial sweeteners are a migraine trigger for me. :/
I don't know Fresca, but I moved to Coke Zero a while ago, and also started mixing it with carbonated water.
You still get some of the waste and sweetness, but not as much, making it also easier to enjoy less sweetened food and beverages. Some will find this sacrilegious, of course.
Not sure how feasible that is in the US, I remember the terrible chlorine taste common for tap water in some US regions, and that buying carbonated mineral water was unusual and seemed more expensive than in Germany.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Not sure how feasible that is in the US, I remember the terrible chlorine taste common for tap water in some US regions, and that buying carbonated mineral water was unusual and seemed more expensive than in Germany.

Oh, as folks have moved away from artificial sweeteners, seltzers are becoming big business here. In my usual grocery, they have almost as much shelf space for seltzers as for sweetened soda. When I realized that diet sodas were not going to work for me, I swapped them in instead. I'm sipping a cup of a vanilla seltzer as I type...

MGibster

Legend
Was Stormfront a clone? the final fight she seemed to be in "strong denial about her past"
Stormfront's whole arc was just a commentary on politics in the United States for the last few years. And part of American politics is for people to vehemently deny the truth. Fake news. In an earlier episode she reveals to Homelander photos of her with top Nazi officials and even remarks that Himmler was a good dancer. She wasn't in denial about her past she was deliberately lying about it so she could continue manipulating the facts.

MGibster

Legend
Huh. I just found out reading that article that Fresca is a real thing, and not a fictional thing created for the show. Which totally changes the context for me, as thinking it was a fictional creation made me think it was important, not just a bit of product placement.

I don't think being associated with a creepy cult is the type of product placement Fresca would have paid for.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't think being associated with a creepy cult is the type of product placement Fresca would have paid for.
Well, I didn’t say it was good product placement! Bad guys in Bond films have fancy cars and sunglasses and suits and stuff.

Ryujin

Legend
I heard in the news that there's a shortage of aluminum cans, which perhaps explains why I haven't been able to find cases of Fresca anywhere (though I did find some individual cans at one nearby market). However...

Attachments

• 20201021_074213.jpg
    20201021_074213.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 106

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases