The Canterbury Tales- Chapter 4: Dead Drunk

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"And now we are dreaming about other members of are caravan?" the Professor asks with interest. "I don't suppose we could congure up something useful like a door that leads out of here."

He closes his eyes and it looks like he is concentrating on something really hard by the way he screnches his face and brow. "A door out... A door out." he repeats over and over.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric, still only half awake, mumbles, “Why certainly miss I would be happy to…” He then blinks and looks around. He is still holding his mandolin.

He turns to the other members of the caravan and remarks, “O’ ho, it be the scouts of our vanguard. What’s going on? Last I remember I was falling asleep after playing a tune or two for that young lass who’s been wiping my brow this past week.”

His eyes get a faraway look as he recalls something. He strums some notes in tune with his lyrics;
“Twas a pervy ole’ poof in Khartoum,
Took a lesbian up to his room,
But they argued all night,
As to who had the right,
To do what and with what and to whom.”

With that he carefully stows his mandolin away in his pack. He looks at his companions taking in that they are armed and ready for action. He unlimbers his shortbow and says, “Lead on McDuff.”

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
It suddenly dawns at you that Alwyn Bancroft has disappeared. He was standing next to the Professor and went missing while everyone was distracted by Borric's appearance.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Duncan looks a little mystified. The paladin rests his lance on his shoulder, shaking his head. “This truly is a strange place… Borric, where did you sleep?”

The young Scot takes a few steps past Borric and looks about, though he knows better than trying to look into the truth of things in this place. Last time gave him quite the headache.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric replies, "Well I am not sure that I did. I was trying to... well there was a young lass... I think I followed her... maybe caught her... hmmm... could be I was around the campfire and dozed off, but maybe I sleepily wandered around to take a leak." He looks down to check his boots to see if he missed and got them wet.

"Frankly I just don't remember. Could be we are dreaming, but that's a bit too strange now isn't it? Perhaps instead of my bow I should be using my mandolin, but I don't think the drum rhythm matches any tunes I know."

ethandrew

First Post
Francis looks suspiciously at the bearded newcomer, "Whatever it is, keep your wits about you, lest we give this place more power to trap us here for eternity." He smirked to himself at the doomsaying as he continued onward, his hands free of weapons but still at the ready. Whether the others follow or not, that's not his concern, he just wanted out of this accursed place.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] thus leading us to Marching Order?? I will take somewhere in the center. [/sblock]

"Well I don't believe in what that... that Dreamer fellow had to say." the Professor says stepping around the spot where Alwyn was standing. "We will get to the bottom of this." he finishes setting off after Francis.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric nods his agreement, "Yes let's be off. I will act as rear guard next to this scholarly fellow. I suggest you two precede us following along behind the one leading us onwards." He gestures for the Paladin and Knight to go ahead and follow after Francis.

Remove ads