D&D 5E The case for (and against) a new Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting book

Parmandur

Book-Friend
With the Death Curse you will need to be providing a motivating factor that is similarly world effecting. Else the issue will be met further down the adventure. Much rides on and is affected by it.
I will vouch for homebrew any day. However the inclusion of homebrew also does not mean the adventure offers enough to work off. If a group buys the material simply for the purposes of running homebrew they will be disappointed. And frustrated at the amount of homebrew they will need to include. This is not a bad thing.
I am not being pessimistic. I am simply a realist. I do not pretend that these offer much more than what they are.

The book actually provides alternate motivations all over the place...

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I think the first skill DMs learn is the creation of world effecting motivations. That's easy. It's NPCs, locations, encounters and factions that are the grunt work. That's why I steal and adapt those shamelessly. I can come up with three ways to doom the world while I'm taking a dump and playing Candy Crush with my non-wiping hand.

I think the first skill DMs learn is the creation of world effecting motivations. That's easy. It's NPCs, locations, encounters and factions that are the grunt work. That's why I steal and adapt those shamelessly. I can come up with three ways to doom the world while I'm taking a dump and playing Candy Crush with my non-wiping hand.
Okay. Good. But we may be talking about new time DMs who may be inclined to get this because it is "also a mini setting".

Remove ads