The Center of Time OOC Discussion

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Continued from this thread, I will be running a homebrew adventure in Numenera.

You stand in Norou, at the beginning of the Sheer, the great corridor through the Clock of Kala. Beyond the town lies the one trade route through those otherwise impassable mountains. At the end is the strange town of Wislayn, and then the land of Augar-Kala. It is there a mystery awaits, a mystery you have been drawn to, through rumor, electronic dream, vivid vision, plaintive request, or oracular proclamation. And it is a mystery you few must solve, or the last link to the past may dissolve beyond the reach of humanity for all time...

-------

Rogue's Gallery
IC Thread

Our Intrepid Explorers (thus far...)
Duncan Kull, A Strong Glaive who Fuses Flesh and Steel, played by fireinthedust
Echo, An Intelligent Nano who Wields Power With Precision, played by Shayuri
Seregal Chakane, An Intelligent Jack who Explores Dark Places, played by Tashtego
Antor Shull, A Swift Jack who Rides the Lightning, played by dragonwolf
Wisco, A Tough Nano who Lives In The Wilderness, played by Shadowsmith
Xaion, A Strong Willed Glaive who Focuses Mind Over Matter, played by Gamgee

Anyone else indicating interest will definitely be kept in mind if anyone has to drop out for any reason.

All right everyone, please carry on with your character discussions. I would like this group to use the connections provided in the descriptor and focus sections so everyone has at least one connection (if not more) to at least one other person in the party. I will have a Rogue's Gallery thread up later in the morning so y'all can post your characters. Once we get all the characters and all the connections, and I give you all your cyphers and oddities, we will begin!

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Shayuri, you were talking about fireinthedust's cyborgs possibly meeting up at one point in their past. Maybe one of you saw the other trying to repair himself surreptitiously? That might make for some good bonding time. ;) Just a possibility.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Well, since it looks like Zaccheus, Duncan and probably Glacius have journeyed together from the previous town, we could easily have found Shayuri's cyborg on the road. My pitch for their meeting (ie: some numenera robot popped up and tried to fry everyone, so I stabbed it, now we're all friends) is one option.

I don't know if we settled how Glacius met Zaccheus and Duncan. I'm assuming Zaccheus and Duncan met in my origin novel (shameless plug), and we had an idea for Chronicler's original character, but I don't know if we recycled that for Glacius before the first post of the previous game. We did walk through the desert together to get to that town.

Cyborgs: How obvious are your enhancements? Duncan would be curious, not having met too many others (though there are others with enhancements out there that he's fought in the arena, he hasn't really sat down with any of them and hung out).

Shayuri

First Post
My character is only a cyborg in flavor text terms. The modifications carried out on her were in some ways more subtle, and in some ways more extensive, than grafting metal replacement parts into her body. There are artificial 'implants' in most of the cells of her body, recoded into her DNA for self-replication. It forms the basis for how she interacts with numenera, and the driving force behind her esoteries.

Of course, she has no idea that's the case. But she is very interested in numenera, and unusual people...and Duncan is both at once.

As for how they met, lots of different possibilities. She's been a scavenger for a little while now, though most folks assumed she died when she stopped showing up at her usual haunts for awhile. Any PCs who ever made a living doing numenera hunting might have worked with her...or in competition with her!...prior to her alterations.

Or we can go with the 'faced common threat together with' idea. It has the mixed blessing of not needing much work aligning backstories, so it'd be good if we were in a hurry to get the avengers assembled. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Facing a common threat is always a good one, particularly in the area where you will find yourself (in the Beyond) as there are more than the usual amount of threats there. But threats can come in any sort of way, from a ravening beast, to an ancient watchdog (as Duncan said), to terrible weather, to the cave system opening up under your feet and dumping you into an ancient room full of vats of fluid and far too many buttons and switches and toggles.

You know, just a normal day in the Beyond. :D

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well... that's certainly one way to go about it. :eek:

How many character concepts do you have again? ;)

'Cause now you are a glowing Tough jack who Fuses Flesh With Steel... And your feet are now tentacles. It tickles. :D

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
AWESOME

...naw, but really. I will say, a Tough Jack who Fuses Steel, has the armor Trick and medium armor?

Armor 4 at Tier 1. You'd be playing the Terminator, basically. At Tier 2 pick up the Ward trick. Armor 5.

This is just as mad as it sounds.

*breaks the system into tiny pieces and scatters them about*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, if you're going to be Tough, that's your thing. Hence the tentacle feet thing. I won't be able to attack your Might, so I'm gonna have to go after your Speed. Oh, and please make a Sanity check, will ya?

:D

fireinthedust

Explorer
(shakes head in despair) yes, and then the GM starts thinking of other ways to mess with us (psionic everything, lava doing 10 damage per round, all our girlfriends turn out to be nibovian wives, etc.). Still, good to see the Jack is the one interested in being the meat shield :D

I think I'd like to use the advanced tier options when/if we get to tier 3. I don't need weaponization, as he's got the Glaive trait, and would probably be better off with either stat pool points or a trained trait or something.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases