The Center of Time OOC Discussion

fireinthedust

Explorer
And I'm back! Whew! What a week, so productive, so much personal growth, and a new baby... oh well, thank goodness I can leave all that behind and focus on what's really important: wasting time on the internet!

Sure, he can be in the scavenger's way. Is Zaccheus still around? They'd be travelling together. I think the two of us had our ties, but I don't know that we have any to the rest of the party (especially with Cerulean gone :( )

Whatever you think is best. He's not... inquisitive, per se. He tends to let others do the talking, especially as his mind's usually busy with tactics for the now. He looks formidable, so if you'd like I can describe him and then they can talk to him about accompanying them.

I'm not sure, but he might also have people who know of him due to his five years as a famous (FAMOUS) gladiator. He was known for being large and having, erm, Tron-style lines and discs in his body.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I haven't seen Cerulean Lion for several days, so I don't know what's up there. Perhaps he's just busy. But we could say Duncan is already in the Scavenger's Way - some of the mercenaries might have seen you or heard of you, and so they're happy to talk to you. I'll go ahead and put that up.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Tashtego, it was a most excellent story!

Lemme tell you something about my gaming group from a few years ago. This is my fact-to-face group, I was DMing, and we were playing 3.5 D&D in Eberron. There's an area called the Mournland in Eberron, which had some magical disaster occur during the last big war. The whole place is essentially one bit magical nuclear fallout zone, full of weird and dangerous things. Of course the party ended up going there, for reasons, and ended up near what was ground zero for the disaster. There was a huge, half-ruined tower there, that had a struggling chaos dragon chained to it, its lifeforce being drained for power. Inside was basically this mad scientist's laboratory laced liberally with Chaoitech. To get inside, the group had decided to scale the tower and free the dragon. Then our swashbuckling fighter, who always had more style than sense and was always looking for "adventure," looked down through and opening and saw the mad scientist. He grabbed a dangling chain with one hand, his magical sword in the other, and swung down from the heights, Tarzan-style.

Rolled a natural 20.

I gave this result a quick ponder - was there anything, anything I had planned for this encounter that was cooler than our beloved Conner swinging down from the tops of a tower and skewering the BBEG with a single thrust against the nightmare machine of his own design?

...nope.

As is said in the GM's advice section of Numenera - "That's not cheating, that's awesome."

fireinthedust

Explorer
Question: did I need to post something else? Or is the party waiting for something else to respond to other than Duncan popping by and saying hello? Really hoping I didn't murder this game the second I joined the party (anxiety attack!)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, it seems Cerulean Lion hadn't posted in this thread for nearly two weeks, and in the IC thread, never, so I'm going to ask a couple of alternates from RPOL if they'd like to play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases