• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin readies his double-scimitar in silence, trying to figure out from where the disturbance might be coming.

Full-defense while nothing is seen, Listen +7.
If the casters are threatened in melee combat, Tamin will try to take those down first.
Otherwise, try to flank.
If the disturbance is a distance away, or if they can see it coming from a distance away, Tamin will instead pull out his sling.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 030

Tamin listens carefully and can can pick up a snorting sound. He motions for everyone to hold a moment. Within a few moments two large boney, dirty and very smelly Dire Boars come out of the brush. They are sniffing and looking for something then stop. The bristles rise like little spikes on their backs and they give a threatening snarl.

They look towards the group and snort and make threatening motions with their tusks which seem impossibly long.

Someone shifts their weight and snaps a twig and this is all it takes as the two screech and charge towards the closest visible target- Clang.

Next actions or change of actions?

Bront

The man with the probe
Vander d'Deneith, 36/36, AC 21

Um, where's Vander? Or is he D?

Anyway, Vander calls out "Two, behind us, Tamin, help me form a line. Spike, help if you can." He will draw his shield, and his warhammer, move forward between Clang and the boars (Basicly 4 squares to towards B1) and activate his Shield of Faith power (+2 Deflection to AC). If a boar charges past him, he will use his Attack of Opertunity (+7, 1d8+4, x3), but he is hoping to draw one or both of the attacks.

sleepystyle

First Post
HP: 29 AC: 15

Though he is at first certain that the others have given in to paranoia at the sounds of the wild, Rashleigh is quickly proven wrong. Once his mistake is realized, the priest is on his feet in seconds fumbling for the symbol of his order. Holding the symbol aloft he calls out to his god in confidence, "Hear me Kol Korran and grant your servant one of your many demon wolves that he may live to glorify your name!"

OOC:
Rnd 1: Cast Summon Monster II [Fiendish Wolf]
Rnd 2 & 3 Direct the wolf, move to heal anyone in need.
If things are looking particularly bad, he will close with the dominant boar and bestow curse with a touch attack. [-6 Str]

MadMaxim

First Post
"I'm with you, Vander! To the fight my friends!" Spike yells as he gets up next to Vander to form a line against the boars. "You're going to be hanging above my fireplace before long..." He looks at the two boars and draws his greatsword.

OOC: Same as before except Spike gets up to form a line together with Vander.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin looks at the creatures, "They don't look that bad... I think we can hold them back." Tamin takes a step forward and spins his double-scimitar into position, ready for an attack.

5' step up-and-right. I'm going to go Defensive, so +4 Dodge to AC. That puts it at a 26 AC. When they get here, I'll do a full-attack on them

Last edited:

Cedious

First Post
Clang begins to focus on the closest boar.

ooc:i will use mind thrust (3 points) on the nearest boar
1d10 points for every point used......makes it 3d10 by my count ^^

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
Tamin looks at the creatures, "They don't look that bad... I think we can hold them back." Tamin takes a step forward and spins his double-scimitar into position, ready for an attack.

5' step up-and-right. I'm going to go Defensive, so +2 Dodge to AC. That puts it at a 24 AC. When they get here, I'll do a full-attack on them
OOC: Full round defensive action is actualy +4 to AC.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads