• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Bront said:
OOC: Full round defensive action is actualy +4 to AC.
ooc: Ah, I couldn't find that in the SRD previously. I found it now, so I'll gladly take the two extra AC. ;) I'll edit my previous post. Thanks.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 031

Round One
Vander- moves forward to begin a defensive wall.
Rash- Summons a Fiendish Wolf and places it between the party and the charging boars
Boars- B1 tears into the summoned dark colored wolf even as it appears before it. (nat 1 on the attack!) The Boar misses the unexpected obstical but the appearance ends its charge just the same!
B2 ( also moving into the same area however tears into the unbalanced and surprised wolf. A sickly crunching sound is heard filled with an unnatural howl of pain as the tusks pierce the summoned animal. The boars is dragged to a stop as the wolf returns to its plane of existance.
Kerr- The monk quickly and without a sound moves to a position to aid Vander knowing he should be able to stop the boars.
Spike- Spike moves quickly to form a defensive wall along with Vander. Tamin- Moves up a few steps and braces for the attack.
Clang- Clang concentrates on a boar and an auditory humm can be heard then suddenly the boar that first rushed by the wolf squeals and begins to tear at the ground with it massive tusks. Blood pours from the ears and nose. The brissles stand up and it glares at the group.

ROUND 2
Vander- His special ability of Shield of Faith kicks in giving a +2 deflection to AC
Rash- Readies himself in case of injuries or other assistance.
Boars- B1 is totally PO'd. It has a serious headache from BOTH the inside and outside. It attacks Vander since the migraine came from nowhere. It misses
B2 attempts to strike at Tamin. It too misses.
Kerrick- Using his Kama he strikes at the Boar but misses as the kama bounces off of a boney protrusion harmlessly.
Spike- He calls up his Audor Aura (+1 damage if within 60ft) now that he has taken a moment to see and sum up the threat. He strikes at a Boar and does another ten damage. It bleeds from its back now also.
Tamin- He swings and hits then spins it in a reverse strike to under the creatures belly and strikes again. He does 19 damage
Clang- He mentally strikes again just as before. It squeals in madness as once more its head is exploding from the inside. It goes into a murderous rage.

ROUND 3
Vander- Strikes for 10 damage on the already mind thruck boar.
Rash- Pulls out his crossbow to strike from the distance if required
Boars- B1 It gores Vander horribly (19 damage)
B2 It gets through Tamins swift speed (16 damage)
Kerrick- Hits with his Kama (9pts) and the raging Boar goes down!
Spike- Whiffs (nat 1) as he sees Vander take a grievous hit.
Tamin- Hits then whiffs on his following strike (nat 1) First strike hit well however
Clang- Moves to the other Boar and zaps that one BUT IT SAVES!

RESULTS ROUNDS 1-3
DAMAGE
Vander damage= 19
Boar 1 took 54 damage and is dead
Boar 2 has taken 29 points of damage
Tamin damage= 16
Summoned Wolf wiped out instantly

Spells / Special abilities
Vander Shield of Faith +2 Deflection to AC to allies
Spike Audor Aura + 1 damage
Clang 9 Points of psionic energy

Actions for Rounds 4-6.

Spike- I missed Accurate Strike. Do you wish that activated at this point?

Kerrick- I hope I did roughly what you wanted.

Looking to update Tuesday or Wednesday or if most have replied before then...

Bront

The man with the probe
Vander d'Deneith, 17/36, AC 23

Vander will step around Kerrick and flank the remaining boar (He can move that far) (+7+2(Flank), 1d8+4+1(Aura), x3). If he takes another hit, he will take a step back so Rash can heal him.

MadMaxim

First Post
Spike sees Vander's blood hitting the ground and turning it red. "Get behind me, Vander! The boar has severely reduced your fighting capabilities and we don't want to start our journey with a dead or severly injured party member." Spike orders Vander as he would one of his former soldiers.

OOC: Spike activates his Accurate Strike aura and keeps carving into the dire boar with his greatsword not stopping before it's dead. If Vander gets hit again, he'll try to get in between Vander and the dire boar.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
ooc: The 19 damage I dealt--that was in two rounds? You didn't say how much damage I dealt in round 3.

Clearly hurt, Tamin is a bit angry. He redoubles his efforts and positions himself to try to bring this creature down quickly.

ooc: I assume I'm flanking with Vander right now. That gives me +10/+10 to hit and d4+5/d4+4 damage. My AC is back to a 22. Next round, if he moves away, I'll yell to Spike, "Help me trap him! Move there!" so that he'll take a 5' step so that I can take a 5' step to flank with him. If I barely miss, I'll use an action point.

Jdvn1 said:
ooc: The 19 damage I dealt--that was in two rounds? You didn't say how much damage I dealt in round 3.

Clearly hurt, Tamin is a bit angry. He redoubles his efforts and positions himself to try to bring this creature down quickly.

ooc: I assume I'm flanking with Vander right now. That gives me +10/+10 to hit and d4+5/d4+4 damage. My AC is back to a 22. Next round, if he moves away, I'll yell to Spike, "Help me trap him! Move there!" so that he'll take a 5' step so that I can take a 5' step to flank with him. If I barely miss, I'll use an action point.

OOC:
I took the liberty to use the two strike rule with the scimitar you are using. You did 10 + 9 on one round. Round three you missed badly with the second strike. The first you did 10.

I was just considering if I should say exact damage dealt or not. This could influence actions. Hopely I'll decide before too long.

That scimitar is DEADLY!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads