• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chronicles of Amber

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Fast Learner said:
And Corwin is talking to someone very specific. It will be clear who and why in the last part of the last book of the second series. And spoilerd, just in case you don't want to wait:
He's telling his story to Merlin, his son, to bring him up to speed before Corwin potentially disappears forever.

Actually, he's referring to the very final line of CoC, at which point we've already learned who Corwin was telling the previous books/tales to. The entirety of the last chapter is Corwin's musing over the events of the chronicles and is narrated to himself.

Velenne

Explorer
I'm most of the way through Hand of Oberon right now and absolutely loving it. On top of the fact that I seem to have inadvertently stumbled upon what is undoubtedly one of the greatest fantasy series of all time, I can get them for UNDER A DOLLAR APIECE at Half-Price Books. All this great stuff for under 5 bucks. And to think, your typical paperback nowadays is 7-8 bucks. Feh!!

Shallown

First Post
The oddest part to me still having read the books several times is how much happens in the first book. When I think back about the story as a whole I think the first book is actually two books. I want to attribute things happening in the first book to the latter books. Zelazny packs an incredible amount of who Corwin is and the world into just the first book.

It is an excellent series. I liked the second series but it was lamost as if it was written by a different person in its tsyle of story telling.

Later

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
ShadowX said:
Just finished the first five. I have to wonder why this isn't ranked among the classics of fantasy.

I thought it was.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Shallown said:
The oddest part to me still having read the books several times is how much happens in the first book. When I think back about the story as a whole I think the first book is actually two books. I want to attribute things happening in the first book to the latter books. Zelazny packs an incredible amount of who Corwin is and the world into just the first book.

Well, it does take place in over five years of time. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads