D&D 3E/3.5 The Complete Book of Humanoids - 3E

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Krishnath said:
I like it! Any plans on expanding it to include other Humanoids/Monstrous Humanoids/Fey and Giant-Kin than those listed above? Such as the different Planetouched, the Blue Goblin (From the PsiHB), Githyanki and Githzerai, and some of the converted (and created humanoids) from the CC and this board?

maybe in time, but at first i'm sticking with the source material.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hand of Vecna said:
From the DMG, pgs. 57-58:

etc.

i tried to think of why i didn't think of using the stats in the DMG, then i actually looked them up, and here's why. the header for that section is, and i quote "NPC Adjustments". so, i will be using it for a guide, but i will not use it straight as it is. but i gotta go rush to work, and don't have time at the moment. LOL i'll fix all this stuff tonight and over the weekend.

Wolf72

Explorer
Other 1/2 Dragons?

BOZ said:

etc.

i tried to think of why i didn't think of using the stats in the DMG, then i actually looked them up, and here's why. the header for that section is, and i quote "NPC Adjustments". so, i will be using it for a guide, but i will not use it straight as it is. but i gotta go rush to work, and don't have time at the moment. LOL i'll fix all this stuff tonight and over the weekend.

although I'm pretty sure those are straight from the MM as well (the adj in the DMG) ...

Hey, slightly different CHH/Template topic: Have you/anyone thought of doing 1/2 dragon templates for the other types of dragons? (Gem, Lung, those in the FR)

Ace32

Explorer
Hey, slightly different CHH/Template topic: Have you/anyone thought of doing 1/2 dragon templates for the other types of dragons? (Gem, Lung, those in the FR

It wouldn't really be that hard to do that. Just drop in the dragon's immunity and breath weapon for the Young stage, and your done.

Wolf72

Explorer
only ...

some don't have: wings, immunities, or breath weapons (not sure if one doesn't have all three)

Lung have odd immunities, usually no breath weapons or wings. Gem Dragons are easy enough though.

I don't have my Monsters of FR with me ... there is Shadow, Brown, Song, Fang??

ya okay ... so it's not that bad :) ...

Lung: Since many don't have wings, let them take water breathing instead (most have that ability ... except for the Li Lung/Earth Dragon which has wings so that doesn't really matter) (OR in the absence of a breath weapon take water breathing if the parent dragon had it?)

sorry Boz, back to the CHH

Krishnath

First Post
wolf72: If a lung dragon breeds with any humanoid, the offspring is not a half dragon, but a spirit-folk of the appopriate type (Bamboo, river or sea.) Lung Dragons are not known to breed with non-humanoids. About other half-dragons, I have figured out an addendum to the Half-dragon template that updates the dragon list to include the gem dragons as well as all the dragons from the MoF monstrous compendium, with the sole exception of song dragons. (all songdragons are female and only breed with either humans, elves, or half-elves. The resulting offspring is allways a song dragon.)

If I'm allowed to do so I can post them on this part of the board.

Remove ads