D&D 3E/3.5 The Complete Book of Humanoids - 3E

Wolf72

Explorer
ECL/LA??? ick, way to much math and decimal/fractions involved (using soldalins (excellent btw) ECL calculator)

but after seeing that debacle in Dragon I guess the only way to get a decent ECL is to do it yourself ... (someone needs to write up a program ... since I can barely program in basic (learned in 1990 btw) I can't do it :))

Krishnath

First Post
Boz: What do you need ECL's for? I'm quite good a calculating stuff like that.

Aarakocra: ECL +1
Flying ability, small nstural armor bonus, penalty to Str, high bonus to Dex, no bonus HD

Alaghi: ECL +11
High natural armor, bonuses to str, dex and con, penalty to int, NINE BONUS HD

:D

Edit: By the way I do not recommend allowing players to play a race (with template combos) of above +5 unless you're playing epic level campaigns, and even then I strongly advice against allowing ECL's above +10.

Edit2: Almost Forgot: Happy Birthday to me ;)

Later,

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
krish, you got the job. ;)

if you want to do more, there's the wemic from MoF, the firbolg and voadkyn giant-kin, flind, mongrelman, and half-orge from the CC here, as well as the fremlin, swanmany, and the (soon to come) beastman from my own conversions.

Edit: by the way, happy birthday. :)

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Boz: I'll take the Job, gives me something to do on the weekends. By the way, are you sure about the firbolgs?

Hand of Vecna: Thank you for your kind words, but I must confess that I revere the draconic diety Chronepsis myself :D Heard a rumor that Vecna is making a move on Faerun...

Firbolg: ECL +15 (13HD, spell-like abilities and good stats)
Voadkyn: ECL +9 (7 HD, change self, resistances and good stats)
Wemic: ECL +7 (5HD, natural armor, moderate stats, increased carrying capacity)
Flind: ECL +2 (Same as Gnoll)

I'll look over the others later,

Blacksway

Rock Monkey
Are we aware that the latest copy of Dragon magazine has the ECL for every monster in the MM in it?

They are asking for feedback because they claim they may be using this information in a future WotC product!

*shrugs*

Sounds a lot like what your doing Boz.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
More ECL's:

Fremlin +5 (3HD, Size, nat armor, DR.)
Ogre, Half +2 (2HD)
Mongrelman +4 (2 HD, nat armor, Some special Abilities, Skill bonuses)

Also, I can't really find the swanmay conversion anywhere?

Remove ads