The Confederate Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
That's a facile answer to a question for which the true answer was patently obvious to all. I guess that means you wouldn't care if your life was cut short by 20 or 30 years. Gotcha.

I'd be dead. How could I care?

Alive I do care if a government is willing to manipulate facts to scare people into submission. It is similar nowadays with Islamic terrorism. We've got two mentally ill individuals who imitated what they saw on TV/the internet. They killed some soliders and we've got Harper wanting to restrain liberties, privacy and scare us into re-election. In both cases I do not buy the governmental propaganda.

Ryujin

Legend
I'd be dead. How could I care?

Alive I do care if a government is willing to manipulate facts to scare people into submission. It is similar nowadays with Islamic terrorism. We've got two mentally ill individuals who imitated what they saw on TV/the internet. They killed some soliders and we've got Harper wanting to restrain liberties, privacy and scare us into re-election. In both cases I do not buy the governmental propaganda.

In other words you are fully willing to hand-wave the illegal terrorist activities of people, including murder, simply because they agree with your political leanings. Also gotcha.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
In other words you are fully willing to hand-wave the illegal terrorist activities of people, including murder, simply because they agree with your political leanings. Also gotcha.

I agree with Islamist terrorist!?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You know there are differences between murder, manslaughter and involontary manslaughter.

Once you have kidnapped him, in the eyes of most of your audience, you get no leniency in his resulting death. The kidnapping put him at risk, so it is the kidnapper's fault, period. Attempts to whitewash the event will tend to turn the audience more against you. If you want to appear reasonable to this crowd, you probably need to accept and own the wrongdoings, rather than try to diminish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads