D&D 5E The cost of D&D 5E (it ain't so bad!)

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
As far as I can tell, Basic will cost *at least 3 times* as much on this side of the Atlantic Ocean. Shocking !

I suspect most of us Aussies will purchase the new D&D books online, and shop around to get as good a deal as we can - much like the rest of you. However, I'm personally bemused by the complaints from (presumably) US residents about a US$50 per book price tag. For us Aussies, that's less than the cost of 30 litres (approx 8 US gallons) of petrol ("gas"), and about one eighth of my fortnightly grocery bill (for a family of 4). (But yes, we do have a good public healthcare system, and high wages by international standards...). Mind you, I'm looking forward to my US holiday later in the year, when I can feed the whole family at an all-you-can-eat buffet for less than the price of a good bottle of wine in Australia :) Hey, maybe I should pick up a few copies of the D&D rule books while I'm there!

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

am181d

Adventurer
As far as I can tell, Basic will cost *at least 3 times* as much on this side of the Atlantic Ocean. Shocking !

Hmm. You must must be using different figures than I am. I'm showing at least *8* times the price, which is really unprecedented...

WizarDru

Adventurer
Hmm. You must must be using different figures than I am. I'm showing at least *8* times the price, which is really unprecedented...

I think we need to make sure to be careful with our terms, since 'Basic' is FREE, while the Starter Set is what I think people mean when they are talking about a cost product. Unless you both are referring to the number 0, which is both 8x times and 3x the price at the same time. Tricky math!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think we need to make sure to be careful with our terms, since 'Basic' is FREE, while the Starter Set is what I think people mean when they are talking about a cost product. Unless you both are referring to the number 0, which is both 8x times and 3x the price at the same time. Tricky math!

They're making jokes about multiplication of the cost of a free product.

Remove ads