• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dance of Souls

Knight Otu

First Post
(Yep)
Taras continues "As we moved closer to where the keep was supposed to be... I started having nightmares. I suppose the others did too. But no one talked about them. I... I dreamed about a lake of fire, and I was on it in a boat, along with the then love of my life. I knew the boat would sink, and I'd only have a chance alone. I... I pushed her out of the boat in my dream..."
He sighs. "Then, a day or two before the keep, one of the knights snapped while we were on guard. He slew his comrade, enraged that he was an obstacle to the mage's love. The mage, she tried to escape at that point... the two fell down the path during the struggle. When I reached them, all I could do was bury them. Then I was hasting away from the damn mountains, and the cursed keep. I stayed here ever since."

Xaov

First Post
*azaroth will pull out his journal and make a written account of what Taras just told him*

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Taras. I would imagine it must have been hard on you to lose a loved one like that. But I must enquire, if you were 1 or 2 days before the keep what made you believe that the Keep itself had anything to do with the death of your loved one?

Xaov

First Post
I apologize. Perhaps refering to the mage as a loved one was overstepping my boundaries.

ooc: Heh Master Gamekiller, Mister Icerod, Azeroth, Azatoth. Az is going to become the next Prince! lol

Xaov

First Post
OOC: Going to be gone for the rest of today, saturday, and probablu halfway thru Sunday. If someone else wants to take over the conversation go ahead.

Knight Otu

First Post
(You sure got a few nicknames during this adventure...:lol:)

"Yes, it was called like that back then. Guess a few people had a similar experience as we. Only we had no one to warn us to take that literally. And no, I've never seen the keep. Unless it was constantly on my right, that is" he says, pointing to his scar.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer smiles at the man's joke, but lets it pass without comment. "Who are the locals who named the keep? The people living around here, or are there more living up in the mountains?" *pause for answer* "What were you seeking in this keep?"

Note to self on questions to remember to ask:[SBLOCK]Are there other mountain fortresses you know of? Ever heard of the Dance of Souls? Anyone with narrow carts for the mountains passed through? Possibly, ever heard of the Ashen Talon?[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"There's a number of villages between here and the keep. Could have been everyone, really.

What we were seeking. Well, the knights sought evil to vanquish, the mage sought forgotten secrets... and together, we hoped to find some riches so we could restore my eye. Obviously didn't happen." he giggles.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Well, I guess not. So you had no idea what awaited you in the Keep, aside from maddening dreams? Perhaps there is a powerful artifact inside, maybe a statue or maddening painting?"

OOC: Has he seemed misleading or holding anything back during our conversation?

Remove ads