• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dance of Souls

Knight Otu

First Post
Gur obscures the camp site as well as possible, and you march on. You soon reach Lornsten, and after a bit of asking, you find the stables. The owner does indeed loan you horses or ponies, as desired, and asks how Tennar does.

(If you want, you can craft and/or buy now. gp limit is 200 gp)

Xaov

First Post
Very interesting Banion, I don't think I've ever quite seen anything like that before. Your new ability should prove quite useful.
Upon entering the gates Azaroth will take a look around, then he'll go to the nearest Armor and Weapon shops and pick up some new gear

He will Buy:
Studded Leather: 25gp
Light Wooden Shield: 3gp
Scimitar: 15

Bringing him to 27 gold

After doing so He will walk around town a bit and see if anything of interest has been happening.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer accompanies Azaroth to see what is going on in the town. Beamer wear's his wide brimmed hat to obscure his features and make him a bit harder to identify.

OOC: An explorer's outfit includes a hat, but Beamer was not wearing his hat in Lathirn.

Xaov

First Post
OOC: Knight I'm going to start asking around about the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams. To prevent attention from the wrong kinds of people, I will say that I've always been interested in learning about the occult and that I had heard of the supposedly haunted keep from a Bard in a previous town.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Before I forget, at this point, everyone except Gur is at full health. Gur should be at 22 hp now, iirc)

Asking around town, you quickly get the impression that this is a quiet town. Hardly anything seems to have happened here in recent time. You hear a few rumours that something west of Lathirn seems to attract kobolds, and that a worg pack is rumored to hunt and torture other animals in the same general area.

Asked about the haunted keep, most people remain quiet, making protective gestures. A few refer you to an old man living a bit out of town - from what little you hear, he may have been in the area of the keep long ago.

Patlin

Explorer
Banion buys a bag of carrots. (How about 5 copper worth, I don't know if that's a big bag or not in these parts.) He attempts to make friends with his pony, and offers it a carrot at infrequent intervals, along with more constant praise and gentle treatment. Even a pony seems gigantic to Banion, and he wants to make sure he's on the creature's good side.

When Azeroth is done asking questions, Banion asks in a deliberately quiet voice but above a whisper "Should we mount up now? Are we to visit this old man?"

Xaov

First Post
Well according to what I have gathered that old man my be able to tell us a bit more about our destination. Lets head there and then move on to the keep.

OOC: Oh! before I forget I'm going to pick up about 50 ft of it. Along with a grappling hook as well as a Burlap sack to put them in.

Takes me down to 25 gp, 2 sp

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Banion agrees. After Azeroth buys the supplies he desires, Banion mounts up. Encouraging the pony to a sedate walk, he starts toward the old man's house.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Azaroth - I assume you meant rope?)

After all the supplies have been gathered, the group goes to visit the old man, who turns out living on top of a nearby hill, in a run-down house. As you approach, you hear a voice cursing: "Taka and Jareth! If that is those damned kids again...!", and a white-haired man strides over, leaning on a cane. Coming closer, you see a big scar crossing his face - right through where the man's right eye would be. He is quite thin, and he was propably very dexterous in his peak years - and he is still quite fast for an old man. "Ur. Nope, not the kids. Who might you be?" His remaining blue eye studies you intensely.

Remove ads