The Dance of Souls

SlagMortar

First Post
As Azaroth, Gur and Beamer arrive at the meeting place, Beamer turns to Azaroth and says, "In all the excitement, I forgot to say thankyou for the help back there when the thieves were pressing me. I don't think I would have gotten through without it." When Banion arrives, Beamer says, "Banion, you're alright! We all made it out then. Did you learn anything?"

Last edited:

Xaov

First Post
You are welcome Beamer. I was worried if you would make it or not. Glad you did.

Yes Banion tell us what you found?

OOC: KnightOTU I'd like to multiclass into a fighter. I know I should start supporting it in game. But do you mind? Perhaps after the last battle. Realizing how useless he felt after having very few spells, Azaroth asked Gur to teach him some of the basics of Armed combat?

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Xaov said:
Yes Banion tell us what you found?

"Well, I was a bit nervous," Banion admits, flushing "so I sort of gave Tennar the impression I was just your messenger, and I reported our findings to him by way of a riddle. He's a clever man, he figured out the message and told me that the mountain keep is probably the "Keep of Bloodstained Dreams" which rumor says is haunted but which Tennar seems to think has an exagerated reputation which might have been started on purpose to keep people away from our target's hideout."

Banion goes on to explain Tennar's directions to said keep.

*Later, when the party settles down to rest*

When a camp is prepared, Banion takes a moment to sit aside from the group and to work on his skills, much as he has whenever not inside a city. Bringing the mindblade into existence, he concentrates on it, trying to perfect its form. Occasionally, he will perform practice moves, just as any swordfighter might. Being a halfling, he occasionally tries to throw it. Unfortunately, it disolves into sparkles before it gets more than an inch from his hand.

He practices diligently, however, and as he gets to the end of his routine you hear a thunk and a gasp of surprise from Banion.

"It worked! It actually worked!"

SlagMortar

First Post
"Well done, Banion!" Assuming that they begin following the directions indicated by Tennar (let me know if I'm getting ahead), on the second night, Beamer says, "Azaroth, I think I worked out that spell you have been using." Beamer casts a spell* and a dart of weak looking light flies from his finger and into a rock, doing nothing to it. "I'll have to try it out on a more lively target, though I'm not sure I have it down well enough to use it in battle."

* Spellcraft DC 15[SBLOCK]Beamer casts prestidigitation[/SBLOCK]

Xaov

First Post
Good work Banion, using the riddle was a clever way to tell him. I'm glad to hear that your trip was not in vain. It sounds like the keep will probably hold the Dance, this whole thing may finally come to an end. Perhaps thanks to us the Ashen Talon could be stopped.

*after being explained about the horses Azaroth will look up*

Well, we'll have to thank Tennar once this whole thing is cleared up.

*Azaroth is a bit uneasy after the battle*
*after the camp is set up and Banion's findings revelaed, he goes for a walk around the camp, stopping for a bit to watch Banion. He puts Hastur on his shoulder and begins to talk to him*

Hastur what do you think? I felt so useless at times. If I wasn't there soon enough Beamer might have bit the big one. I know I know, I need to stop dwelling on the past. But I can't get the what ifs out of my head. Also if we would've been attacked after the battle, I would hardly have been able to do anything, most of my spells were used up. Perhaps practicing magic solely, is not a great way to go about this whole adventuring thing. I need to learn armed combat, then if my spells run out I won't be completely defenseless. *Azaroth will look at Gur* Hmm what do you think Hastur? Maybe Gur could teach me how fight like he does. Yeah! then I wouldn't have to rely on my magic as a sole force all the time!

*runs over to gur*

Gur! Could you teach me how to fight like you do? Its important to me that my spells are not my only strength. I feel that if I were to know how to use a weapon I'd never be without a defense. So What do you say?

*on the second night*

Spellcraft: 1d20+5= 18

Well done Beamer. Prestdigitation can be a fun spell to use, it has a whole lot of uses you might never think of. Heh it ecspecially works well if you are hungry and need food but don't have anything around you. Here watch.

*Azaroth will pick a leaf off a nearby tree*
*he will cast prestdigitation on it to change its flavor to fresh apples*

Here taste this.

*tears off part of the leaf and gives it to Beamer*

Heh you can't sustain yourself on it, but it sure makes things taste better.

*eats the remainder himself*

Remaining spells:
4: level 0
4: level 1

*turning to Gur and Banion*

Care for a taste?

*pulls another leaf off*

Speaking of special abilities. Banion last night as I was walking around camp I noticed you practicing. What were you trying to do?

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer hesitantly takes the leaf while looking at Azaroth trying to discern if he was joking. He takes a nibble and it indeed tasts of fresh apples. "Hah, that's amazing! That's the spell I cast? I was trying to mimic the one you used in the street fight. That was a quite a trick firing buring darts at those thieves. Maybe I'm not as far along as I thought."

Xaov

First Post
heh thats not the one I cast in the streets. The one I cast in the streets was one called Magic Missle. You need to work on your skill a bit more. But just give it some time you'll get it right.

But yes that was the spell you just cast on that rock over there. I'm curious. When you casted prestdigitation what were you thinking of? Were you thinking of a warm place? A cold place? perhaps some sort of food?

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer's face goes from disappointment back to fascination. He is really enjoying learning more about his magic. "I was thinking of the spell you cast. Creating light to strike out at a target. I'll have to try it with some other thoughts. It's great to have such a versitile spell. Next time I don't have the right spell for the job, I'll have to give this new one a try." Oh, I'll keep practising. Eventually I will be strong., Beamer thinks.

"I hope this stable has some good ponies. I don't think I want to be responsible for some fierce warstallion."

Patlin

Explorer
Xaov said:
Speaking of special abilities. Banion last night as I was walking around camp I noticed you practicing. What were you trying to do?

"Well, I've been able to form this blade for a while now, and I practice my swordsmanship as often as I can. I've always wanted to be able to throw the blade, but until last night with no success. It's difficult to maintain the blade when notI touching it, and it doesn't do any good to throw something that immediately turns to mist. I seem to have gotten the trick of it now. Look, see this tree? That chunk of wood happened when I practiced a throw last night, from a good 15 feet away!"

"Here, let me show you." Banion looks around for a target and picks out a large rock that juts about 3 feet out of the ground. A blade of energy appears in his hands, and smashes point first into the rock. (d20+8=18.)

Banion is enthusiastic about his new ability, and happilly answers any other questions. When the questions stop, he gathers up his things. "Are we ready to leave camp now? We should obscure the campsight before we go."

Remove ads