• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dark Knight Rises.. and so does the "bat wing"

MarkB

Legend
The top looks reminiscent of a carapace to me. I could definitely imagine wings or winglets unfolding from beneath it as it gains altitude.

Alternatively, it could be intended to work something like the Hunter-Killers from the Terminator movies, with vertical-thrusting turboprops serving the function of a helicopter's rotors. Parts of the existing structure look like they could support such motors, which would be added via CGI.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
But those HKs suffer the same problem as a VTOL- there really doesn't look like much room to put those struts & turbofans out there...

nightwind1

Explorer
It would have to be a VTOL- a hovercraft is a near-surface vehicle, since it rides on a cushion of air partially trapped & pressurized by a flexible skirt.

But even for a VTOL...its butt-ugly. And it doesn't look like its all that aerodynamic OR that its thrusters are properly distributed (to my non-engineer's eyes).
I saw on another forum that there may be helicopter rotors CGI'ed onto this later.

Maybe they'll CG in some legs:

Lego Battletech?! d e r e k y a p . c o m »

marauder002.jpg

Starman

Adventurer
One of the coolest things about being Batman would definitely be the toys. Imagine waking up one morning and thinking, "Hmm...I want a mech. Guess I better make some phone calls." The next thing you know, you've got a freakin' mech all your own!

Remove ads