• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Distinguished Citizens of Gladenrach

Guilt Puppy

First Post
R.U.:

The crowd, already warm to say the least, seems that much warmer for your efforts...

"As though it's our last?" Ceola asks, grinning but seeming uncomfortable. "Maybe not that..."

Joseph:

The scouting report is fairly banal... Nothing worrisome in the wildlife tracking, and though there has been some sign of surface movement from the kobolds of the Esker caverns -- who have from time to time bothered the community with minor thefts and the like -- it doesn't sound like anything too significant.

Jaros:

"Oh," he says, lifting his chain, "it don't get blunt. It's magic... Magic's good, too."

As he glances at the spikes to be sure, he indeed leaves himself open to your attack (feint successful, surprise round) and perhaps more than one (you've got first initiative, too.)

Pharos:

Kantor nods.

"A friend of ours is -- was a knight of your cloth..."

"His name was Remy," the elf adds.

"Indeed. High Sir Remy Warne. He gave his life so that we could escape with ours, as well as the treasure we bring you now."

Kantor shifts his weight, then begins his story.

"We were delving in some old Dwarven tombs, long abandoned now, when we encountered... some sort of ghoul, like none I had seen before, possessing powerful magicks... We fought it as best we could, but it was clear we were outmatched. I wasn't conscious by the time it happened, but Remy, he dropped his sword and tackled the thing --"

"Held it by the wrists," Iajo adds, "so it could not Indicate."

"-- and told the rest of us to flee. Iajo and I had to be carried out by our guardsman, Grieth... We camped nearby as we healed, in case he should emerge from the caves, but he didn't. That was about four days ago... We had some trouble finding our way to Gladenrach."

DarkMaster

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
R.U.:

The crowd, already warm to say the least, seems that much warmer for your efforts...

"As though it's our last?" Ceola asks, grinning but seeming uncomfortable. "Maybe not that..."
Pleased to see his effect on the crowd, R.U get's down from the bar, and says to Ceola. "My name is Redjek-Urlominazz, you can call me R.U. Do not worry about tomorrow, what ever is your problem and enjoy the night." R.U give her a pat on the shoulder and big reassuring smile and goes back to his table to enjoy the night.

Zerth

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
Joseph:

The scouting report is fairly banal... Nothing worrisome in the wildlife tracking, and though there has been some sign of surface movement from the kobolds of the Esker caverns -- who have from time to time bothered the community with minor thefts and the like -- it doesn't sound like anything too significant.
Joseph thanks the guard and tells him to carry on. He climbs back down, satisfied, that another day's work has been done and Gladenrach can sleep safe for yet another night.

He whistles for Thorq and it doesn't take long for his companion and mount to gallop back to him. Joseph allows Thorq to move freely and doesn't use a saddle but only a old blanket when riding him. Thorq was never fully domesticated as Joseph thought it wouldn't be proper to break the spirit of the noble animal he found fighting a pack of wolves five years ago. The man and the horse fought side by side and have trusted each other ever since.

Joseph meets some other local rangers on their way back to Gladenrach and they make the trip back to the guild barracks together.

Voadam

Legend
Guilt Puppy said:
Jaros:

"Oh," he says, lifting his chain, "it don't get blunt. It's magic... Magic's good, too."

As he glances at the spikes to be sure, he indeed leaves himself open to your attack (feint successful, surprise round) and perhaps more than one (you've got first initiative, too.)

Jaros moves in and makes a piercing strike with his foil "Ahh, very good then. What type of magic?" following up with full attacks, foil and unarmed (both subdual).

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Ah, it always sad and inspiring when one falls in service to the good. I think you for your gift, is there anything I can do for you this day? Did you substain wounds from this "ghoul"?

OOC: Has Pharos heard of the this Sir Remy?

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
R.U.:

Ceola lets you off to your own business... After about half an hour, she makes her exit, seeming in a bit of the rush. Most of the room raises a glass as she passes, but everything returns to the usual almost immediately...

Jaros:

After two well-placed strikes, the half-ogre lies on his back before you, groaning.

"You're a quick li'l one," he moans. "Think I'll skip round two..."

He stands, dusting himself off and stretching his back.

"Where'd you learn that bit?" he asks. "It's impressin', is sure."

Pharos:
"Ah, it always sad and inspiring when one falls in service to the good. I think you for your gift, is there anything I can do for you this day? Did you substain wounds from this "ghoul"?

Kantor shakes his head. "We've healed already.

OOC: Has Pharos heard of the this Sir Remy

On thinking it over, you believe you've heard his name mentioned before, but not in connection to anything specific -- High Sir is a term which refers to a certain class of Pelor's devoted (meta: paladins usually, though not exclusively) who tend toward adventuring and wandering heroism... Because they travel often and rarely bear a strong affiliation to any specific temple, their names typically circulate far throughout the wider church community.

DarkMaster

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
R.U.:

Ceola lets you off to your own business... After about half an hour, she makes her exit, seeming in a bit of the rush. Most of the room raises a glass as she passes, but everything returns to the usual almost immediately...

R.U observed her during the half hour pretending not to. Bluff 18. Once she gets out he cast invisibility and designate it's viper as the "toucher" and follow her in the street hiding (hide 10) with the viper on his back.

Voadam

Legend
Guilt Puppy said:
Jaros:

After two well-placed strikes, the half-ogre lies on his back before you, groaning.

"You're a quick li'l one," he moans. "Think I'll skip round two..."

He stands, dusting himself off and stretching his back.

"Where'd you learn that bit?" he asks. "It's impressin', is sure."

"I practice what is called the balanced blades style of fencing."

Jaros claps him on the back. "I appreciate the sparring opportunity, goodman. This is the dojo of the way of the staff. And this is master Kurita, a teacher of the way. He prefers his students to practice against different forms of combat so perhaps in a little bit you would consent to sparring with him or certain of his students. Are you new to the fair city of Gladenreach? Over here there is some water if you need."

Guilt Puppy

First Post
R.U.:

The young woman seems lost at first, making her way from site to site, peeking around corner after corner... After a short period of time, however, she seems to find her destination...

(segue into) Jaros:

"Grieth!"

The half-ogre looks up from the waterbucket you've provided.

"Hey Grieth!"

At the entrance to the temple stands a young woman, dark hair and dark dusty clothing, waving down your defeated opponent.

She jogs in, grinning. "You don't look like you won that one," she says, looking him over. "Hope you didn't wager too much."

The half-ogre chuckles embarrassedly. "Din' put 'ny coin on it..." He pats the pouch on his belt. "Holdin' on'a this score."

"You're learning, then! I didn't know you could do that." She smiles enough to cut the edge off the insult. "You seen the others?"

DarkMaster

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
R.U.:

The young woman seems lost at first, making her way from site to site, peeking around corner after corner... After a short period of time, however, she seems to find her destination...

(segue into) Jaros:

"Grieth!"

The half-ogre looks up from the waterbucket you've provided.

"Hey Grieth!"

At the entrance to the temple stands a young woman, dark hair and dark dusty clothing, waving down your defeated opponent.

She jogs in, grinning. "You don't look like you won that one," she says, looking him over. "Hope you didn't wager too much."

The half-ogre chuckles embarrassedly. "Din' put 'ny coin on it..." He pats the pouch on his belt. "Holdin' on'a this score."

"You're learning, then! I didn't know you could do that." She smiles enough to cut the edge off the insult. "You seen the others?"

R.U stay at a distance observing the scene, thinking to himself how can people find enjoyement in hitting on each others with pieces of wood and metal.

Does R.U knows Jaros?

Last edited:

Remove ads