• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Distinguished Citizens of Gladenrach

DarkMaster

First Post
Who cares about the ghoul, I am here for the money.

"Then you can count me in, Victory will be ours"

and the book will be mine :)

[OCC when I don't put "" it means R.U is thinking, again I need to mention that R.U has Bluff 20]

Voadam

Legend
rangerjohn said:
" Now I somehow doutbt and Joseph concurs, that a ghoul would be able to bring down anyone with the title of High Sir.

"I wouldn't underestimate the hungry dead. Stab them through the heart and they push themselves up the blade to claw at your throat. Striking to kill the undead is uneffective. As my father says, you have to strike to destroy them. We have a long family history of serving the Cudgel and fighting the forces of evil that threaten this city.

This ghoul is a threat to the area now you say? Well then the time for practice blades is over.

Ceola, Grieth, hold a minute. Can you tell me more about the crypts and what you fought? Were there wards that kept in the undead that are now broken?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
Pharos has a further concern, "I hate to impose, but is our assumption correct?
Is your fallen campanion, High Sir Remy? Or are there other undead about in the area?" Then looking to the blademaster, "I assure you sir, there is little you can tell me of those imbued with the abomination of false life. It is my life's work you might say."

Zerth

First Post
Joseph also turns to Ceola and Grieth waiting eagerly, what else they may be able to tell about the enemy and the killing of Sir Remy.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Ceola appears frustrated with the new arrivals.

"Yes, Remy was our companion." She spends some time looking Pharos over. "I'm guessing you met the others? Trust me, they don't represent us as a whole."

Grieth grins.

"Anyway," Ceola continues, "I didn't see any wards get broken... It was a surprise -- things had been pretty quiet, so I just guess we got careless. We rounded a corner and it was just there... It sent fire at us first, then ice... I missed the rest. I was out after the second blast."

"Kant' got struck by lightning," Grieth adds.

"Luckily the big guy was here to pull me out. And lucky that Remy... Well, Remy made his choices, and when we meet again, I owe him one." She shrugs. "That enough? We really need to be going."

Zerth

First Post
Joseph saddens visibly by holding his head down, when he realizes, what Sir Remy had done. He ponders briefly, if he would have the courage for such a noble deed in a similar situation. Then, suddenly, he looks up asking "About Sir Remy, how was he..., I mean, did you see how he was killed?"

DarkMaster

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
"Luckily the big guy was here to pull me out. And lucky that Remy... Well, Remy made his choices, and when we meet again, I owe him one." She shrugs. "That enough? We really need to be going."

How heroic, the idiot is dead now, but why did he saved her at the price of his own life, it's not like she is an important person for the kingdom or his faith, what motivation was driving him?

"Right, we also need to be going, a ghoul is waiting for us" Turning his back on Ceola and Grieth and talking to the others. "Why don't we meet tomorrow morning, in this same place for our departure" Then thinking a bit "does anyone know where the temple is?"

Voadam

Legend
<talking to Pharos>
"Do you two know where the mountain crypt is and who is buried there? My skills are more oriented to fighting the living but you have my blade on this quest."

Turning to Grieth and Ceola.

"One last question, who employed you?"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Joseph said:
"About Sir Remy, how was he..., I mean, did you see how he was killed?"

Ceola turns while Grieth answers. "Didn't see it, no, and can't imagine I'd want to... He yelled for me to grab the others 'n run, so I did. Last I saw he tackled the thing 'n held its arms back to keep it from wavin' more magic at us, and it seemed to pain him awful just to do that."

"After we got out," Ceola contributes, still facing away, "we waited near the entrance for a few days while we healed and figured out what to do next. He didn't come out. So we talked it over, and decided to head up here."

Jaros said:
"One last question, who employed you?"

"Wouldn't say 'employed,' exactly," Ceola says. "We met up with the three of them -- Remy, this man Kantor, and this elf whose name I still can't pronounce -- we met them, they said they needed some help, we agreed for a share of the cash. I don't think they were working for anyone, but they were kinda secretive about anything, and we didn't care too much anyway. Didn't sound like it would make anyone too dangerous too angry with us, so it seemed worthwhile." She shrugs. "And for us, I guess it was."

Zerth

First Post
"Very well, thank you for sharing this information," Joseph says looking at Ceola and Grieth. "That will be all, I don't think we have or need any more questions, so you can leave as you seem to be in a hurry," he says looking at the others as if urging them to speak now if they still want to ask something from the two visitors. "I believe we have other arrangements to make," he adds with a thoughtful look.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads