• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dragon's Hoard Arcane Game: Ruins 2007

Thaminor is checked over by Dotson whom does some minor healing on his swollen leg. All eyes are on Ksathra as he begins to explore the tipped over tower.

Listen = 15
Spot = 18

You bump and thump around the furniture and various nick-nacks that wizards often keep when you become aware that you are not alone. Something is hiding within the dim light and shelter of the furniture. Everytime you think you see it it is nothing.

Actions?

Do you call out?
Continue on?
Other?

OOC Sorry guys. I meant to tell you I was going on a short family vacation but forgot then I got caught up in the 4e mess. I'm back now.

Raylis

First Post
No Worries

Ksathra's mind blade springs to life, a moment later a second one joining the first. A small smile crosses the xeph's face, "Come out, come out whoever you are! he calls, louder then necessary as he takes another glance around the tower.

DRAGON'S HOARD: THE RUINS

Goram, Dotson and Thamior catch up with Julian and Ksathra. Ksathra sees nothing in the dark (nat 1 on Search sorry). Julian (nat 4) also peers into the darkness and sees nothing. Suddenly Ksathra's vision begins to blur then go black. You are blind. (Save vs DC result was only a 9) "Welcome to your doom", something snarls from within the dark room, "I have something you seek. But your death's will give me something I seek. I am sorry but today you die."

Goram 24
Ksathra 22
Thamior 14
Julian 13
Foe 11
Dotson 6

New actions?

Raylis

First Post
"No fair, no fair!" Ksathra shouts, take a few steps backward and keeping his mind blades in front of him "fight me where I can see you, coward!

DRAGON'S HOARD: THE RUINS

Goram sees a faint outline of a crouched humanoid as it castes a spell that has blinded Ksathra. Not taking any chances, he fires a blast of energy into the area. The humanoid leaps out of the way but the blast blows up debris he once stood on. A growl suggests it was hit by some of this debris. Ksathra (Dex check of 13) trips over wood and broken timber as he attempts to give distance between himself and the foe. Thamior pulls out a small jar with something wrapped in cloth within. An egg. He castes a spell onto it and it releases from his hands and arcs over his teammates into the darkness where the creature was. A loud poof is heard and greenish-yellow smoke rolls out. A cough can be heard inside. Ksathra is unable to escape the stinking cloud in time and breathes in some and becomes nausated (natural 1 on your save). Julian steps up to cover the downed Ksathra (I know you said advance but I figured with the spell and the blindness you would aid him instead). A wave of dread and doom washes over her mind but she shakes it off to tend to matters on hand. Dotson cringes his nose and comments about what the black skinned human must have ate then goes to cover Thamior and readies himself for an escaping foe.
"Cough cough- Curse you all! You must all die if I am to be rewarded!"

Goram 24
Ksathra 22
Thamior 14
Julian 13
Foe 11
Dotson 6

Ksathra Blinded
Foe -6

Actions

Raylis

First Post
"*cough* I'll double it if you just give us what we want! Ksathra says reshaping his blades into a single large one. "By the Mind dwarf, what did you eat?

Remove ads