• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dragon's Hoard Arcane Game: Ruins 2007

PRE-PREGAME EVENTS

"Where are Team: Orcfiendz?" calls out the Archon Hound. The celetrial creature checks his list again. Meepo and his kobolds are at the beer tent. Check. RUMT is speaking to the Bards from Sigil. Check. The other team is there speaking with the fans from Tu'narath. Check. No Fiendish blood Orcs. Dawg smirks to himself. Maybe something has happened to them. But there are rules and laws to be maintained. "Blackstone, we may have a no-show." he calls out.

Across the busy and crowded room a large stone figure stands up straight. The Marut's job is never done. It takes only takes fifteen minutes for the first body to be found in the restroom of the outer arena. Two more bodies are found nearby at the local madame's place. Team Fiendish Orcs has met an accident.

"The show MUST go on!" calls out a sickly voice heard within the mind as much as by ear.

Dawg hates it when Mindbender does that. A psychic echo following the voice of the Mind Flayer.

"Get me a new team- NOW. We have but a few hours before the show begins. You know what needs to be done."

Dawg bows his head and nods. A new team needs to be recruited- immediately.

WORLD SERPENT INN

The Rogue was not certain how she got here but knew she wanted out. She was behind the merchant's warehouse in the docks looking for possible ways into the place. She saw a possible secret door. A faintly glowing outline was just visible on the backwall. She looked for traps and saw none so she pushed on the door and found herself tumbling into a dark stone shaft.

Though lightly bruised, she was okay and merely a bit dirty. Looking around, she seemed to be in a deadend of a dungeon. Small glowing pods gave off a soft light to see by. She ventured up the hall until it split off into two directions. Listening carefully, she could hear talking and merriment. Curious, she followed the sound. Here she discovered an average looking tavern with less than average customers.

There were demons, devils and an angel playing cards with what looked like an eight year old boy. The boy was clearly winning. A stunted giant crouched in the cornner. He looked very afraid there. A dwarf wearing heavy armor was arm wrestling with a human wearing strange clothes colored in bright purple and blue.

An elf walks over to her with two drinks. "I am Tergaun. Who are you?" and offers her one drink.

"I am... Julian." she says as if under a spell. And she carefully takes the drink from him. It tickles her nose as she sips it.

When next she awakes she is in a cell with four other adventurers.

DAMNED GOBLINS!

Goram the warlock was merely minding his own business when it happened. He was looking to answer a call of aid to a small Hamlet about an hours walk from a city. Thieves. It was besieged by thieves.

He hoped to locate the thieves and defeat them, claim the reward, and keep whatever they had on them. It was not his business to sort what was rightfully the thieves belongings and what belonged to the people hiring him.

However, he never reached the hamlet. He never saw the thieves. Instead he saw those damned goblins. WHY?!? Why did it have to be goblins? They attacked from hiding using drugged darts.

The last words he remembers hearing was something like "Dog will be happy. I think it is a spell caster."

Now the warlock has awakened to find himself in a cell with several others. Each looks just as lost as he.

THE RECRUITER

Ksathra Feroz watched the fight begin within the pit. An Orc was trying to scare the dwarf. The dwarf was not so easily scared. He cheered for both as the fight began.

"These two are good for a laugh are they not?" asks a cloaked man watching the sport beside the Xeph.

"I do enjoy how the dwarf is using the crude charges of the orc against himself. It is what I would do- then cut him down in size."

"Indeed. You are a warrior then?"

"I am Ksathra Feroz, Mindblade and adventurer."

"Wonderful. I like that. ....and adventurer. You have showmanship. I like that."

The crowd roars when the Orc grabs the beard and yanks it down hard while bringing up his knee. The dwarf losses no less than three teeth, two of which remain in the skin of the now bleeding Orc.

"Would you ever want to do a show like this but only Bigger and Better?"

"Perhaps."

"Ever hear of something we like to call "The Dragon's Hoard?"

"The explanar arena?!? Never heard of it. Why?" he asks with some amusement.

"Lets have a drink and talk about it some more."

Several hours later, the Xeph swears off strangers giving him drinks as he awakens to find himself in a cell with several other drugged adventurers.

MORE WORLD SERPENT INN MISCHIEF

Tinner had mistakenly found himself outside of time and space within a tavern referred to as The World Serpent Inn. The thieving Goblin tried to steal his Holy Symbol but was caught. It fled down the alley and the dwarf gave chase. The goblin entered a secret door that lead to a maze of stone tunnels and catacombs. Tinner was instantly lost.

As luck had it, he bumped into some Knights of the Rose whom knew of a tavern nearby. They drank for some thirty minutes. The Knights left but that was okay. Tinner was winning a lot of gold arm wrestling the locals.

Then came the puny gnome. They got talking and drinking. Everything seemed okay. That is until the room got dark.

Tinner awoke within a cell with several other adventurers.

GOBLIN AMBUSHERS

Thamior Amastacia was on patrol. He was hired by the humans to watch the perimeter of the fort's grounds. There were rumors of an Ogre and possibly even a group of Orcs. Not fearing these rumors, Thamior went out with the others. They spread out creating a line with each patroler about thirty feet away from the next.

So far, nothing short of a rapid raccoon was found. Then a x-bolt was fired and struck a tree about twenty feet ahead of you. The line broke up as everyone rushed forward. Everyone but yourself. It was an obvious trap.

A trap it was. For you.

Several darts suddenly popped out of no where. Two struck you. The woods began to spin and twirl even as you saw them. Goblins.

You blacked out but awoke later. You now where in a cell with several complete strangers. Each looked to have been drugged themselves.

Mista Collins

First Post
Opening her eyes to see herself in a cell with four other people, Julian isn't worried. She has found herself in worse spots and has managed to get out of them all. Without saying a word, she stands and move towards the bars, listening to any noise coming from outside the cell.

Hopefully these people are thankful once I free them from here. It looks like none of them have ever been inside of a cell. They must be worried, Julian thinks to herself as she reaches for one of her lockpicks.

[sblock=megamania]Do we have our equipment right now or were we stripped of that for the moment? If we do, Julian will try and unlock the cell door.[/sblock]

Rino

First Post
Okay, now I know for sure that I hate Goblins. but what are you guys doing here? you also got taken care of by some horde of those creepy guys?

Roram takes a look around to see with who he is in this cell

Remove ads