The Dungeon Master's Kit & DMG SE

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I remember hearing rumors about this product. I don't see it on the 2007 release schedule, and I never saw it anywhere. It was meant to be similar to the Player's Kit.

Did this get canceled?

ALSO...
Has the second printing of the 3.5 DMG hit the street yet?

Oryan77

Adventurer
I think it got cancelled because it was also removed from my Amazon.com wish list. Says something like "Product no longer available".

thalmin

Retired game store owner
My WotC sales rep confirmed the product was cancelled, not just delayed. He could not give me a reason, though.

Dire Bare

Legend
thalmin said:
My WotC sales rep confirmed the product was cancelled, not just delayed. He could not give me a reason, though.

I'm guessing it's simply that the Basic Set and Player's Kit didn't sell all that well. Or at least the Player's Kit. They'll never tell us, you know, so we'll have to make up our own reasons!

Xyanthon

First Post
I was pretty bummed about this one. I liked the softcover Player's Handbook in the Player's Kit and was looking forward to a softcover DMG :] . Oh well...

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Well, my FLGS always sells out of their Player's Kits. But they keep low stock on hand.

I'm sure the DM's kit wouldn't have sold as well. Maybe a DM/MM kit would work.

In any case, does anyone know if the DMG on the shelves is the second printing (ie, the one that incorporates the changes from the special edition DMG)?

Remove ads