The Dungeons and Dragons film: Calls for shameless fan service

Ryujin

Legend
I wasn't aware that you made it. I thought that was random picture from the web. My apologies.
One of my previous avatar pics showed me in a welded stainless steel shirt that I made myself ;)

Attachments

• P2110001.JPG
    P2110001.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 80

Ryujin

Legend
How heavy was it? 😳
The model a friend of yours? 🙃
I'm not trying to derail the thread. All the sudden I have questions. LOL
The chain shirt weighs around 30 pounds, so in AD&D range for weight. It's 5/16", 16 gauge rings.
The model is a friend of a fellow photographer in Nova Scotia (I'm in Toronto). The model in this one is a friend ;)
EDIT - More here: MorallyAmbiguous.net

Attachments

• Q5050283 - low key - pinhole.jpg
    Q5050283 - low key - pinhole.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 68

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The base me would insist on my first post.

I'd still enjoy that, but I'd like to see a dungeon crawl. Traps, riddles, monsters, treasure. Krull was an excellent dungeon crawl movie. I'd like to see the wizard use spells like polymorph, sleep, grease. Not just fireballs and lightning bolts.

Hussar

Legend
I need the sound of dice being rolled on a table dropped into the sound mix somewhere, even if no dice are present. Just mixed into some other sound effect will do (maybe tumbling rocks or rubble), but apparent enough for an attentive listener.
Kind of like the gamer version of the Wilhelm Scream. I like that.

To go with that, someone needs to order a 7-Up in a tavern, and all food eaten should sound like cheese doodles.

Oh, and of course, the inn in the movie should be named, "Color Animal Inn". No substitutions for those words, just those actual words.

Would be nice to have at least one character named as an anagram as well.

guachi

Hero
I think that the best way to do a D&D movie with good fan service has already been done, starting 20 years ago, by Dead Gentlemen Productions. Show the players playing the game and then their characters, in-game. You could start out showing the players and character introductions, then make the rest of the movie in-game.

I've thought this was a great way to go for years. The DM, of course, is the BBEG. Next movie all the roles are switched.

Horwath

Legend
A sorcerer who uses Fireball for everything. An attack by goblins? Fireball! A red dragon? Fireball? A locked door? Fireball! A jar that won't open? Fireball! Run out of toilet paper? Fireball!
same sorcerer looking for bats in every cave for more "material components"

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
A wizard mauled by a housecat.
I'd settle for the wizard being terrified of housecats.
An animated gazebo, which attacks remorselessly.
Naah, the group just needs to see a gazebo on the hill and, with no warning or lead-in, violently attack it and burn it to the ground, in a scene that has no relevance to the rest of the story.

Also, someone needs to periodically produce a 10 foot pole from gods-know-where and ask if it would be useful in whatever situation they are in. After verifying that no, it wouldn't, the pole just disappears until the next time.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases