• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Empire of the Ghouls

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
All of us OD3 patrons just got the PDF for this in the past week, and it's every bit as horrifying as I could have hoped for. Frankly, it's a hell of a lot creepier than I expected. When the Lulu options come up, I'll be dropping as much money as needed to get a big hardcover compilation for my permanent gaming collection.

If anyone is on the fence about whether to support the Open Design project when OD5 starts up in the new year (January? February?), I speak as one happy customer. I previously bought in to get Castle Shadowcrag, and while it's neat, it's not really my cup of tea so much as thousands of depraved ghouls and their warped society, threatening to boil up onto the surface of the world and devour the living is. :]

I plan on running this as a side game with my regular pbp crew (the ones from the Midwood story hour), so look for a Ptolusized Empire of the Ghouls story hour eventually.

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
Yeah, I love the concept and idea behind what he is doing but I am more into traditional fantasy so I tend to be on the lower side of voting. I do keep an eye out in case one of his projects do move into this direction.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
All of us OD3 patrons just got the PDF for this in the past week, and it's every bit as horrifying as I could have hoped for. Frankly, it's a hell of a lot creepier than I expected.

Man, I really wish I had got in on this... It sounds good and is exactly what I have been looking for.

Odhanan

Adventurer
messy said:
how do we non-patrons get a copy? can we get a pdf?

messy
I think you'd need to become a patron for one of Open Design's projects. Then, you could buy a PDF of Empire of the Ghouls for sure. Otherwise, you might want to ask on Open Design directly. :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Sorry, I should have said. Rich has all the straight poop, though.

If you just want Empire of the Ghouls, buying into Arabian Nights will make it a pretty pricy proposition, but if you liked Al-Qadim, the new project should be really great as well. (And if you didn't love Al-Qadim, you're just nuts. :p)

Remove ads