The Endless Quest books are back

I started on Fighting Fantasy books, before DnD, the CYOA series weren't big in NZ. FF is still going, sort of, with reprints, new books and an RPG.

Ah, that awesome Russ Nicholson art (also still going, thankfully!)

17A73B79-E4AE-4761-BABA-9EB3564DE87A.jpeg

Last edited:

alienux

Explorer
I have one of the original Endless Quest books (Dungeon of Dread). It's decent for what it is, but I always enjoyed the Fighting Fantasy books, especially the Sorcery! collection, much more. Still, nice to see these coming out again. I'm sure I'll buy some of them for my son.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Oh man, nostalgia time. This post made me look up the book covers of the ones I had.

Return to Brookmere, Revenge of the Rainbow Dragons, Dragon of Doom, Raid on Nightmare Castle, The Dragon's Ransom, King's Quest, both Tarzan books (not sure why but I had them), Tower of Darkness, & Song of the Dark Druid. They used to sit right next to my Choose your Own adventures, well worn.

And yes, I was one of those who ran out of fingers holding my place.

I have one of the original Endless Quest books (Dungeon of Dread). It's decent for what it is, but I always enjoyed the Fighting Fantasy books, especially the Sorcery! collection, much more. Still, nice to see these coming out again. I'm sure I'll buy some of them for my son.
If you have an iPad or similar, the Sorcery! apps by twinkle are amazing - especially 4, but great to go through them all.

Sacrosanct

Legend
If I had to rank my favorites, they were Endless Quest, Wizards Warriors and You, and then the official CYoA. I still have many of them.

Remove ads