The ENWorld Electric Bard Gear (Etc) Thread

R_J_K75

Legend
CongrAXEulations!

I’d probably return the unintended extras unless I had another guitar that would benefit from them OR I expected to own one in the foreseeable future.
Ended up being a Module A Holeyboard component I ordered that ironically happened to ship out of the same city that Sweetwater ships out of. I decided to return them if they actually were mistakenly shipped to me.

R_J_K75

Legend
CongrAXEulations
Thanks. I did play it for about five minutes yesterday, but my back is still tweaked so I couldnt sit for too long. My first impressions is that its a great guitar, nice neck, it plays smooth, no sharp fret ends. I still have to hook it up to my pedal board and put the pickups and controls through the paces

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ended up being a Module A Holeyboard component I ordered that ironically happened to ship out of the same city that Sweetwater ships out of. I decided to return them if they actually were mistakenly shipped to me.
Getting a Holeyboard setup is one of my holy grails. Nice score!

R_J_K75

Legend
Getting a Holeyboard setup is one of my holy grails. Nice score!
I had one I bought for one thing or another that I never used so I got another to make a second stripped-down board. The current models are somewhat expensive, depending on which pedals you want on there, say 2 main modules and 1 or 2 flat side attachments and Z-clips will probably cost about $250-$300. I prefer them as they are pretty versatile as to how you can arrange pedals and they can be expanded. A single component usually isn't large enough for anything over a few pedals, and I'm not a big fan of mini pedals. They won't accommodate a normal sized wah or whammy pedal without the side attachment(s), so I use the Dunlop Mini Wah and the Digitech Ricochet. They are nice because you can just use zip ties to attach pedals, but I also use 3M dual lock tape as well, as with just zip ties the pedals can move around somewhat. Depending on the model there is plenty of room for power supplies. The only negative I can think of is with the aluminum models is if you attach 2 with the Z-clips there is some flex to it, so I wouldn't recommend stomping on your pedals too hard. IIRC the original model was made of wood, and they also had an aluminum dual tiered model that are out of production but I'm sure you can find them used.

EDIT: I was bored so I put this together today. Took some pictures so you can get a better idea of the dimensions and how they go together. This is the one I have.

Attachments

• Holeyboard 1.jpg
    Holeyboard 1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • Holeyboard 2.jpg
    Holeyboard 2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Holeyboard 3.jpg
    Holeyboard 3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 28
  • Holeyboard 4.jpg
    Holeyboard 4.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 33
  • Holeyboard 5.jpg
    Holeyboard 5.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
EDIT: I was bored so after a night of PBR, Kraken Rum and a maniac running over my lawn, my neighbor/girlfriend's lawn and crashed into the second neighbors (who happens to be me buddy's cousins) car, after three weeks of back pain I finally took the Guild S-100 Kim Thyail Polara for a run. I cranked my amp up at 3AM, (I mean at this point you couldn't piss them off anymore), and if I had to sum up this guitar in one word, versatile. Pickups are bright if you want them to be, muddy or seems anything in between. I played it straight dry through a 20W Bugera tube amp. The neck is wide, thumb to pinky wise, but very slim. There was a bit of hum but not too much, as much as to be expected. Only thing I'm going to switch out is the Grover Tuners (they're no joke) for GrapfTech Ratio Locking tuners, Gold Keystones. For me playing guitar is a hobby, Im not professional and I dont gig, but I do suffer from Gearitus. Of all the guitars I own thats top 3.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
EDIT: I was bored so after a night of PBR, Kraken Rum and a maniac running over my lawn, my neighbor/girlfriend's lawn and crashed into the second neighbors (who happens to be me buddy's cousins) car, after three weeks of back pain I finally took the Guild S-100 Kim Thyail Polara for a run. I cranked my amp up at 3AM, (I mean at this point you couldn't piss them off anymore), and if I had to sum up this guitar in one word, versatile. Pickups are bright if you want them to be, muddy or seems anything in between. I played it straight dry through a 20W Bugera tube amp. The neck is wide, thumb to pinky wise, but very slim. There was a bit of hum but not too much, as much as to be expected. Only thing I'm going to switch out is the Grover Tuners (they're no joke) for GrapfTech Ratio Locking tuners, Gold Keystones. For me playing guitar is a hobby, Im not professional and I dont gig, but I do suffer from Gearitus. Of all the guitars I own thats top 3.
One of the best reviews ive ever read.

R_J_K75

Legend
In my opinion, what a ridiculous, and most likely an uninformed and generalized opinion. As this guy is mostly known for being a co-writer, I question how much of the songs he "co-wrote" did he actually write? Does anyone know, did he write the lyrics, the music and arrangements; all of the above?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In my opinion, what a ridiculous, and most likely an uninformed and generalized opinion. As this guy is mostly known for being a co-writer, I question how much of the songs he "co-wrote" did he actually write? Does anyone know, did he write the lyrics, the music and arrangements; all of the above?

You don’t get a rep as a hot, in-demand songwriter without making significant contributions to the stuff you’re credited with.

Remove ads