• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The ENWorld Electric Bard Gear (Etc) Thread

That looks...intimidating. I was thinking something more like this.
I have something similar. I was running my whole band out of my mixer into the computer. I run an auxiliary to it so I can tweak the sound separately than in the room. I used a free version of Audacity to record. I got mixed results and, many times, found my phone had better quality sound because it blended sound better. It’s probably because my software/editing skills are bad. My buddy got a good quality mic that conncects directly to his phone and that’s how he uploads and streams a lot of his live gigs. I’ll see if I can find what he uses. Will post my practice space in a future post

R_J_K75

Legend
No need to convince ME! That’s more or less my own attitude. It’s just that the sophistication of your setup deceived me.
Its just a few guitars and a generalized pedal board. If I want to figure out the "Worm" by Audioslave, probably could with that board. It's not tailored to any specific sound or artist; I built it for functionality. If I want to play Terry Kath "not that I could" Hendrix said you're better than me" I built it to be generic enough I could play most of what I try. top 100 songs and classic rock like Halo of Flies or the Ballad of Dwight Frye. I will say this that Black Indonesian Telecaster that I swapped out hot rails in it, I was thinking of hooking up a small clone to it, but I couldn't find the patch cables, too drunk, But I went guitar to amp and that was all I needed, it was clean, it was dirty and everything in between. so the $500 price for the guitar and then the $250mSeymor Duncan upgrades on the pups. that guitar and maybe the amp combo just sound great, I guarantee that guitar will blow the doors off any $3000-$4000 guitar. It's got the brown sound.

R_J_K75

Legend
I got mixed results and, many times, found my phone had better quality sound because it blended sound better. It’s probably because my software/editing skills are bad.
I've never tried to dissuade someone from trying their hand at anything let alone recording but I've heard many a story of "why isn't this working, what's that persistent hiss? By all means is someone is looking to record professionally I;d say dive full in head first, but if youre a weekday bedroom rocker, probably not worth the money or time.

I've never tried to dissuade someone from trying their hand at anything let alone recording but I've heard many a story of "why isn't this working, what's that persistent hiss? By all means is someone is looking to record professionally I;d say dive full in head first, but if youre a weekday bedroom rocker, probably not worth the money or time.
Yeah, I did a lot of experimenting during COVID for various reasons: like recording everyone's parts and assembling them to get a full song (because people weren't allowed to get together). I did it with a couple bands and some choirs. Most people sending me their footage via smartphone video. Audio quality varied. It was fun but frustrating as well. I always recorded my stuff from a feed straight off the board. It was always super clean but I always felt like I needed to add effects to pull in ambient sound. Free Audacity is not the way to go if you want to record.

I also help out a local church with their weekly stream (for the shut-ins) but I'm more of an audio guy and less of a computer/recording guy. I prefer mixing live venues and I'm very much a hobbiest even at that.

Anyways, here's my jamming/hang-out space:
music room.png

Last edited:

Remove ads